Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the video of his first pro fight. He's a featherweight southpaw from Phoenixville (just outside of Philadelphia PA), who is boxing mostly at the Blue Horizon early in his career. Good video. His opponent looks like a bobblehead in round 2 LOL.

YouTube - Jules Blackwell vs Sylvester Beard: BOXING

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
He looks good. Great speed and he seemed to have substantial power. He has a nice solid base, but at times gets lazy with bringing his hands back home. I love his right left pap pap. Very nice left jab as well. The guy looks promising, but he should add some bodywork. I know he didn't really need to, but he didn't throw any downstairs. Keep me updated with this guy. I am interested.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. You know, I think he knew this guy couldnt hurt him after that first round, and he was gunning for him. You're right about the body work. Especially when he was rocking him upstairs, you know the body will be open.
Overall thoug, I think your correct. He displayed very good handspeed and power.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
he's got goodv athletic ability, thats what caught my eye, the hand speed was sharp to as was mensioned, keep us posted captain.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just contacted him about doing a series of fight and interview videos. I think it would be a cool series for the young guys to see what its like as a young upstart pro.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll certinly do what I can! I'm just getting into the whole video process, but It's going to be a fun learning experience.

His next scheduled fight is Sept 7th at the Blue Horizon in Philly. I'll (hopefully) be there to capture the action, and get an interview. Should be pretty cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts