Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BREAKFAST - 10 am

1 bowl of Fiber One cereal ( 60 calories )
with fat free skim milk ( 90 calories )

SNACK - 1 pm

Quakes chewy bar ( 90 calories )

LUNCH - 3 pm

1 bowl of salad with non fat ranch dressing ( 45 calories )

SNACK - 4 pm

Quakes rice snacks ( 60 calories )

DINNER - 7 pm

150 calorie sandwich

2 slices wheat bread
1 slice low fat balony
1 teaspoon low fat mayonnaise
2 slices dill pickle
lettuce

SNACK - 9 pm

1 medium sized apple

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dude, to me, that's like a concentration camp diet. 1800 calories minimum if you're trying to live. Add some more protein and carbs and remember to drink water, and some fat would actually be good for you, but not saturated fat.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude, to me, that's like a concentration camp diet. 1800 calories minimum if you're trying to live. Add some more protein and carbs and remember to drink water, and some fat would actually be good for you, but not saturated fat.
1800 calories is too much for me ill gain weight. I started eating 2 sandwiches a day and some more snacks so i eat about 1400 calories a day

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well any infromation like weight, body type, height, body fat, anything?
Im a 143 pounds, 5'8, in good shape, train everyday, and no idea on my body fat. Im still trying to lose weight, i was 148 two months ago. I wanna drop down to 140

·
Registered
57 Posts
Trying to drop a weight class, Jr. Welter? Well your body wil probably get used to the diet, and you'll probably gain it back, your metabolism will be shot to death if you keep at it probably.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trying to drop a weight class, Jr. Welter? Well your body wil probably get used to the diet, and you'll probably gain it back, your metabolism will be shot to death if you keep at it probably.
no im just trying to get in better shape. How would my metabolism be " shot to death " im eating healthy, getting my protein, and getting enough calories

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
BREAKFAST - 10 am

1 bowl of Fiber One cereal ( 60 calories )
with fat free skim milk ( 90 calories )

SNACK - 1 pm

Quakes chewy bar ( 90 calories )

LUNCH - 3 pm

SNACK - 4 pm

Quakes rice snacks ( 60 calories )

DINNER - 7 pm

150 calorie sandwich

2 slices wheat bread
1 slice low fat balony
1 teaspoon low fat mayonnaise
2 slices dill pickle
lettuce

SNACK - 9 pm

1 medium sized apple
Whoa..don't kill yourself. Eat. Just eat forget about the damn calories work harder. working out harder at the boxing gym will burn it off. Look what you're eating. Add some meat into that diet. Rice? Pasta? Gotta eat that stuff my friend. Not bread, cereal, and chewy bars with salad. You really don't need those snacks in there so take em out and actually eat something good and filling. Salad for lunch? You're not a girl trying to lose weight man. You're a boxer. Re-do your whole diet. What you're eating will surely make you lose weight quick but i don't know anyone who would enjoy that damn diet. Trying to be able to see your ribs? Eat some steaks. I eat meat, pasta, rice. I'm only 125 and 5' 8"

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whoa..don't kill yourself. Eat. Just eat forget about the damn calories work harder. working out harder at the boxing gym will burn it off. Look what you're eating. Add some meat into that diet. Rice? Pasta? Gotta eat that stuff my friend. Not bread, cereal, and chewy bars with salad. You really don't need those snacks in there so take em out and actually eat something good and filling. Salad for lunch? You're not a girl trying to lose weight man. You're a boxer. Re-do your whole diet. What you're eating will surely make you lose weight quick but i don't know anyone who would enjoy that damn diet. Trying to be able to see your ribs? Eat some steaks. I eat meat, pasta, rice. I'm only 125 and 5' 8"

ay buddy theres actually a lot of guys at my gym who eat salad on a regular basis. It has nothing to do with being a girl, its called eating healthy. Ur 125, you can eat whatever you want and you wont gain weight. But im different so speak for urself. If you read my other posts i said i eat 2 sandwiches a day now, and some more snacks so i eat about 1400 calories a day, and i DO enjoy what i eat. You cant be a boxer and eat steakes and pasta all the time, as you get older all that fat is gonna catch up to you. As a boxer you should know that nutrition is extremely important but i guess since its not effecting you yet it doesnt matter.

·
Registered
841 Posts
You might as well be fasting with a diet like that. Its this easy, if you want to lose weight workout more while providing your body with plenty of food for energy. The other guy was right when he said your jacking with your metabolism. Your gonna gain weight faster than others when your body is practically in survival mode. I also agree with brooklyn about your diet, eat more like a man.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It does effect me when i eat the wrong things but boxers eat things that i eat. Bread is hard to burn by the way.
well my trainer told me to stay away from red meat and dairy, and thats what steak and pasta is. So i just follow whatever he tells me

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You might as well be fasting with a diet like that. Its this easy, if you want to lose weight workout more while providing your body with plenty of food for energy. The other guy was right when he said your jacking with your metabolism. Your gonna gain weight faster than others when your body is practically in survival mode. I also agree with brooklyn about your diet, eat more like a man.
But i dont understand how im damaging my matabolism, i eat whenever im hungry its not like im trying to starve myself. And can you give me an example of " eating more like a man " because i just do whatever my trainer tells me to do. I cant wake up in the morning and eat 5 eggs then eat some chicken for lunch and then have a nice steak for dinner thats too much.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
My trainer says **** diets. We train hard enough to stay at our weight. I eat well. You should switch up that diet. Not all the time do you have to listen to your trainers word. Cause from what i see your trainer is making you eat like a girl.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My trainer says **** diets. We train hard enough to stay at our weight. I eat well. You should switch up that diet. Not all the time do you have to listen to your trainers word. Cause from what i see your trainer is making you eat like a girl.
man ur a little 16 year old kid you think you know more about boxing then my trainer whos had years of experience? he doesnt tell me to eat like a girl, he tells me to eat chicken and fish regularly but i'd rather just take whey protein cuz it has less calories. And i actually just got back from the gym and im 138 now. That means i went from 148 to 138 in two months, so whatever im doing is working. Now im gonna drop to 135 and i'll be good.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I'm actually not a little 16 year old kid cause obviously i'm the size of you. So check it before you say something stupid again. And what is it? You're scared of stronger punches? Its boxing..not patty cake. I have a trainer who has been training for almost 20 years and did amatuer boxing. I think he'd know more.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm actually not a little 16 year old kid cause obviously i'm the size of you. So check it before you say something stupid again. And what is it? You're scared of stronger punches? Its boxing..not patty cake. I have a trainer who has been training for almost 20 years and did amatuer boxing. I think he'd know more.
what does size have to do with anything? ur 16 man ur still in highschool. When did i ever say im scared of stronger punches? you think thats why im trying to lose weight? my sparring partner is actually about 150 pounds so im not scared of shi*t, im just trying to get in the best boxing shape i can be in. My trainer was also an amateur boxer so trust me he knows what hes doing. plus as i said before he told me to eat more protein regularly and i dont gotta worry about dropping weight but im just doing it cuz i think if i make it to 135 ill be a lot better.

·
Registered
841 Posts
But i dont understand how im damaging my matabolism, i eat whenever im hungry its not like im trying to starve myself. And can you give me an example of " eating more like a man " because i just do whatever my trainer tells me to do. I cant wake up in the morning and eat 5 eggs then eat some chicken for lunch and then have a nice steak for dinner thats too much.
I was just being harsh when I said that, don't take it personally. You could potentially be damaging or starving your metabolism with the type of things you stick to eating, Im not saying the things your eating are bad, you just need more to fuel what your doing (boxing). Metabolism is not your feeling of hunger, thats a chemical, metabolism is a process which end products in energy for you to burn. Just because you eat something doesn't necessarily mean you satisfied the demands of your metabolism. I just think you should beef up your diet, and compensate with working harder to lose the weight instead of restriction yourself from red meat, dairy, and etc. (by the way why dairy? Dairy is very important for your body)and you would advance better with your performance. But it's totally your choice to sacrifice your punching power and muscle recuperation by not fueling your muscles enough. You might get a bit faster on the upside, but imo that doesn't work to well w/o some power behind it.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Stick to whatever works for you that is healthy. If your going to have a daily carbs intake the earlier the better so when yo work out you burn it off, don't neglect carbs as they are a source of energy, but remember the earlier the better. You can eat red meat once maybe twice a week you don't have to cut it out completely. You do lack protein get yourself some low fat protien shakes or fish(tuna is great especially since all it is, is protein), scrambled egg whites with one yolk works.

You do have to take in some small amounts of good fat from time to time so your body doesnt go in to starvation mode, where your body thinks it's starving and starts taking muscle and it storing any and every fat it does take in.

For snacks fruits especially bananas, peanut butter (jelly, marshmellow, whatever) sandwiches and milk should fill you up. Cereal works too, chewy, breakfast, and cereal bars do the damn thing.

When you get down to where you feel combfortable and still strong up the quantity of whatever and see if you can gain some muscle so you can bully in the lower weight classes. Fukk the unconstructive criticism, if you cant give the homie something solid dont say nothing. Keep doing what your doing if your feeling combfortable and healthy doing it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts