Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Current diet:
Breakfast (7am) - 1 x Wheetbix, handful of All-Bran, handful of organic oats, one tablespoon of natural yoghurt
Mid-morning (10.30am) - 1x tub of soy yoghurt with a chopped up apple
Lunch (1pm) -Either 1 x bowl of pasta/bit of meat with vegies/rice
Afternoon snack (about 1.5hrs before training @ 4pm) - 1x banana and half protein bar or a few rice cakes
Dinner (post training @ 8.30pm when I get home) - 185gram can of tuna with 1 tomato, 1/2 cucumber, can of mixed beans, some corn.

I don't feel like this diet is a) Keeping me very full B) Giving me as much energy as I need and most importantly C) Helping my muscles and body regenerate after all my training. I train morning & night and work all day.

I’m going to try and alter my diet to be:

Breakfast - 4 mornings a week 3x egg whites (and maybe 1x Wheetbix with milk if I’m still hungry).
The other 3 morning just have what I’m currently having for breakfast.
Mid-morning snack - tin of tuna + bit of fruit
Lunch – 200gram chicken breast with a bit of rice and steamed vegies.
Afternoon snack – Protein shake + 1x banana
Dinner – pretty much same as soon but maybe more tuna and more vegies.

What do guys think? I’m really struggling with something that’s gonna give me everything I need as well help me lose the 4 kilos I’m looking to lose. I guess it takes a bit of experimenting to figure out what works best for your body right?

You comments/thoughts are much appreciated

·
Registered
212 Posts
i wouldnt eat tuna everyday, that stuff has mercury in it. If you want protein, try some whey protein powder. The one i take only has 110 calories for every 24 grams of protein. Its called Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I have to admit you have a really good diet you should be feeling good and that seems really filling to me but i'm only 125 bird seed fills me up :laugh: :cheeky4: Alter your diet you shouldn't eat the same thing every day its not good for you maybe thats whats going on. Change it up and tell us how you feel after.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
egg whites are a savior....you should load up on breakfast more for more energy
Thanks for the response! Well I've eaten 3 egg whites for breakfast the past couple of days for breakfast but don't feel as though they fill me up as much as my normal breakfast of wheetbix/oats/allbran/yoghurt.

Hmany do you eggwhites do you guys eat and breakfast and does that really fill you up?

And do you only eat egg white at breakfast or throughout the whole day? If so,how many egg whites can/should be eaten in one day, considering you will be eating them almost every day - 3/4/5?

Maybe I should stick it out a bit longer as my body my be used to the cereal breakfast and needs time to adjust to the egg white breakfast - I just find it so boring and tasteless : (

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks for the response! Well I've eaten 3 egg whites for breakfast the past couple of days for breakfast but don't feel as though they fill me up as much as my normal breakfast of wheetbix/oats/allbran/yoghurt.

Hmany do you eggwhites do you guys eat and breakfast and does that really fill you up?

And do you only eat egg white at breakfast or throughout the whole day? If so,how many egg whites can/should be eaten in one day, considering you will be eating them almost every day - 3/4/5?

Maybe I should stick it out a bit longer as my body my be used to the cereal breakfast and needs time to adjust to the egg white breakfast - I just find it so boring and tasteless : (
i eat egg whites everyday for lunch

i fry 4 egg whites, then put them between 2 slices of wheat bread and eat it like a sandwich. Try that

·
Registered
40 Posts
You don't want to cut your calories too much or you won't have enough nutrition to power your training. Don't cut calories below about 500 less than your maintenence level. If you're already there and your weight loss has stalled out, you can try zig-zagging your calories and/or carbs. So for instance, if you're supposed to be eating 1500 calories per day to lose but your weight loss has stalled, you could try eating 1800 calories on Monday, 1200 on Tuesday, 1500 on Wednesday, etc. Alternately, you could do higher-carb days and lower carb days. Going low-cal for too long encourages your metabolism to slow down because your body is afraid of a famine. Using the rotation method, your body learns that it doesn't have to subsist on low calories forever, so it's more willing to give up a bit more fat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts