Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys this is Anthony Karperis. I've been boxing for about two years now and I participated in my first Golden Gloves this year. I'm in the 132 Novice class and I made it into the finals and I'm fighting at MSG in about two weeks. I have my fights on youtube and I wanted to see what you guys thought. I got off to a rough start in my first fight, but I;ve been trying to learn from my mistakes. If you guys have any constructive criticism that'd be great. I wanna learn as much is I can. THANKS

February 5, 2008
Anthony Karperis(Gold) v Daniel Hernandez(Blue)
YouTube - Anthony Karperis(TSK) v Daniel Hernandez(Unattached) 132-N

February 27, 2008
Anthony Karperis(Blue) v Andrew Laguillo(Gold)
YouTube - Anthony Karperis(TSK) v Andrew Laguillo(Unattached) 132-N

March 14, 2008
Anthony Karperis(Blue) v William Andrade(Gold)
YouTube - Anthony Karperis(TSK) v William Andrade(Brotherhood) 132-N

March 27, 2007
Anthony Karperis(Blue) v Carlos LaCayo(Gold)
YouTube - Anthony Karperis(TSK) v Carlos LaCayo(South Bronx) 132-N

April 18, 2008
Anthony Karperis(Blue) v Marlon Charlton(Gold)
YouTube - Anthony Karperis(TSK) v Marlon Charlton(NYC PAL) 132-N

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
You got a lot better from 2/5/08-3/27/08. The guy in blue in the first video was annoying me.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
The only thing that got annoying was the clinching. my trainer never taught me how to clinch cause he doesn't believe in clinching. Try to avoid the clinches. Other than that :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Better your foot movement to avoid clinches and you're good Skate a lot around the ring my trainer makes me skate a lot try it out. Goodluck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys I won the finals!! the day started off when i went to the city to weighin around 11, i weighed in a lb under...but anywayz i made weight and hung around the whole day at the affinia in the city, 6 o clock i had to be back at msg where i waited to go on around 8:45...anywayz the first round started off feeling eachother out a bit and i noticed i could land my jab at will so i used it to set some other stuff later on. we traded some combos and i noticed he wasnt as strong as i thought he would be so i wasnt afraid to get in and strike to the body...towards the end of the round he kept his hand high so i teed off to the body with some cotto-esque shots haha 2nd round started off and like i ssaid i used my jab a lot and i would hit the body with it and come over with an over hand right which landed on the button and sent him back...i went after him on the ropes til he got out of the corner...third round we pretty much went after eachother and i moved my head a lot, i noticed he couldnt figure out my defense so i just kept with it...anywayz i won by a unanimous decision and boy am i pumped hah thanks again for your support and ill get the video up sometime when it gets on msg, because my friend who taped it did horrible job because he wasexcited haha

·
Registered
53 Posts
awesome man, dont blame ur friend cos id be getting excited as well. nothing better than the feeling u get when u realise ur opponent isnt as good as u thought, never fought before but did bmx and i got that feeling when ever i did a jump id been stressing over, i assume ud have the same feeling in this situation but maybe im just talking crap lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys, just letting you know that if you get the Madison Square Garden channel, my fight will be on around 8 o clock. The event starts at 7:30 but I was told that my fight would air around 8:00PM tonight from the Golden Gloves Finals. Check it out and lemme know what you think.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
MSG? i never knew that was madison square garden lol. I'll try to check it out if anything get it on youtube! sometimes i'm too busy to get to the tv.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Id like to check it out but dont get that channel here. Ill watch it if you get a video. Good luck man! You got the BOXINGFORUM.COM paint on your back? ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey guys i just posted the video of the golden gloves finals on youtube...if you guys didnt see it check out my first post, i added it there and lemme kno what ya think thanks!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
That was a great fight i actually enjoyed watching you **** him up. Good job keep it up. Maybe i'll see you in next years golden gloves but i wont be in your weight class i'm around 112-121. But who knows maybe we'll bump into eachother. Good job.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts