Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats right on october 27th i been sparring everyday 3, 3 min rounds and my matches r gna be 3, 2 min rounds any tips on what i shud do to get ready i been running and training

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
You should stop hard training around 10/20/07, and move to regular road work. No heavydutie stuff, you want a lot of energy before the fight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The New Boy said:
thats right on october 27th i been sparring everyday 3, 3 min rounds and my matches r gna be 3, 2 min rounds any tips on what i shud do to get ready i been running and training
Good Luck "The New Boy",

Only advice I can give to you is remember this is your 1st fight as an Amature. Make it count, beter to start off (1-0 then 0-1). Like "Bill 1234" said stick to the road work. But, try to get some light sparring in too. You want to be sharp for the fight too.

I come from a Boxing Family, My Grandpa was a professional Boxer in Mexico, My dad was a 126lbs. W.B.A. Champ in the Early 60's, My Brother was a 3 Time State & National "Golden Gloves" 132lbs. Champion. I am a Former 2 Time State & National 156lbs. "Golden Gloves Champion". I also won a "Gold Medal" in the Pan-American Games. My record was (96-2-58KOs). It is a great sport to be in,
But, remember this "No body Pre-Pares toFail" / "They just Fail to Pre-Pare!"

It's sounds stupid, but it will make you a Champion some day! Just train your butt off & remember that you are there to Kick some butt / Not get your butt kicked!

Good Luck "The New Guy" & let me know how you did.
(Sick Rick)

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
You also want to do some work on the double end bag to keep your accuracy and defence up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Captainobvious said:
remember that amateur fights focus alot on combination punching. Use your jab effectively, move well, and throw punches in bunches for your best chance at success in the amateur ranks.
What's up "Captin Obvious"?

Man that is a good record to start with. It seems like you have some Pop in your fist! I remember my early days, you have to make a name for your self. Get in as many tournaments as you can. Then people will start to notice you & maybe you win your regional & then try to go for the State Championships. Once you win State then comes the Nationals. I was captin of my Nationals team in the mid 90's & I won 2 State & National Championships. It is a great feeling to know that you are the best in your State & Country.

Good Luck to you & remember "Nobody Pre-pares to Fail / They just Fail to Pre-Pare!"

"Keep Your Hands Up"
(Sick Rick) East Los Angeles, CA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Goodluck on ur first night...I Remember mine tae the few days befor it nice and easy keep ur energy up, Also listen to ur trainer/coach most ppl on there 1st fight go in guns blazing and dont get anywere use jabs and combos and make sure u keep ur def up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any1 have any tips for on the day of the fight?
what i know is i go weigh in at 8am and then my coach finds me some1 my weight and experience (or near it) and we wait til my fight, now what should i eat on the day of fight should i take a shake should i get some energy booster?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts