Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd just thought i'd tell you about my experience with my first fight in ABA Amateur Boxing.

First of all, I've gotta say i was extrememly nervous and i thought it'd make my performance worsen, when infact ...i almost completely guarentee that as soon as you enter that ring and face you're opponent; it will all fade away and that testosterone will start flowing :)

So if you're coming up to you're first fight, dont worry and enjoy the experience(Y) It's a buzz like no other.

Anyhow, Bell rings and off i go, im alot taller than that guy, generally bigger, i even had to go on a diet to try and lose weight to be able to fight my opponent.Couldnt wear any big clothes and had to wear tight sports clothes upon entering the venue because my opponents trainer thought about calling it because i was bigger than him.

( First round youtube footage of me in red - please give me positive feedback)YouTube - Ryan Brown's First Boxing Match.

I tried to use my jab, straight punches mainly as i had longer arms than him and i thought i pretty much won that first round easily, second round was exactly the same.Problem was third round started to get rather fatigued - but even then there was an even amount of punches hit either way, so me personally, alot of the audience and my fellow boxers at the venue thought i won it easily -but obviously the only people that count are the judges... to conclude it, i lost. I wasnt dissapointed with myself because i thought it was a good first match and i enjoyed the experience.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Man you have some long ass arms.
Not bad, you def. won the first half of the fight, but you did obviously start getting fatigued and you started to throw shots a little of balance, very nice jabs though in the beginning. Next fight start putting in your 1,2 combo rather than just a jab and I think you'd be golden and possibly get a KO.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
You looked good in the 1st round. You should have used your right hand a little bit more. I think your left hand is too low which makes it easier for the other guy to land straight rights. I haven't seen the other rounds but you didn't look outclassed by any mean. Learn from that experience and come back stronger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not a bad little boxer,be weary when you are tired with a long reach fast boxers will use it to there advantage when you tire getting inside the jab. Good luck with the rest of the fights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts