Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! Sorry that I haven't been around here much in the last few months... I've been really busy with life and what it's throwing at me! I'm just gonna have a quick look back at 2007... here's what I've got to say and what I've learnt from Boxing '07!

• I may think of "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather Jr. as an arrogant bastard... but I can now say that he is not overrated! Plus... although sometimes he does stuff that I find distasteful... he does back up his mouth! Therefore... he is not arrogant... HE IS ASSERTIVE! I don't want him to retire though... he should keep going until he is burnt out... it's better to burn out than to fade away! That's what I say anyway... as for him being P4P The Best Boxer In The World? Maybe... just maybe!
  • The Heavyweight Division still sucks... it's just full of a bunch of guys who are built like Flabby Professional Wrestlers... and past their prime guys who really should stop (Evander Holyfield). Slow, Sloppy Brawling is all I ever see and not too much fitness! There is a difference between Sloppy Brawling and Boxing-Style Brawling! Hardly any of The Heavyweight Fighers are "BOXERS"... that's just my opinion!
  • I still miss Diego "Chico" Corrales... Very Sad!
  • "The Golden Boy" Oscar De La Hoya had an AWESOME career... if he were a few years younger... I swear he would've beaten "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather Jr. That... again... is just my opinion!
  • Ricky "Hit Man" Hatton... as tough as he is... and as much as I like him... is a little bit overrated!
  • Danny Green RULES... and I still say Anthony Mundine is "OVERRATED"... and that The Australian Boxing Scene is still a little bit of a joke!
  • Nobody will ever beat Joe Calzaghe... EVER!
  • Ricardo Mayorga... Damn! I FIND HIM FUNNY!
  • I think that's everything... so without further ado...
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR... OH YEAH... be sure to watch out for future Professional Boxing Stars at next year's Summer Olympics.... THAT'S IT FROM ME!

WAIT A MINUTE...

I don't wanna piss anyone off here... but I really wanted to change me name to Sonny Liston after I was White Tyson. I only changed it to Larry Holmes just to please a few people... but what about me? I really wanted my name to be Sonny Liston... so I hope it's not too much trouble... but could I please have my name changed to Sonny Liston... THANK YOU AND GOODBYE!!! :D

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
lol whats up with this username busines of yours, 3 name changes haha. Anyways, very nice review and I agree with everything except oscar beating floyd if he was younger, if oscar had fought more, so would of floyd.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Hello all! Sorry that I haven't been around here much in the last few months... I've been really busy with life and what it's throwing at me! I'm just gonna have a quick look back at 2007... here's what I've got to say and what I've learnt from Boxing '07!

• I may think of "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather Jr. as an arrogant bastard... but I can now say that he is not overrated! Plus... although sometimes he does stuff that I find distasteful... he does back up his mouth! Therefore... he is not arrogant... HE IS ASSERTIVE! I don't want him to retire though... he should keep going until he is burnt out... it's better to burn out than to fade away! That's what I say anyway... as for him being P4P The Best Boxer In The World? Maybe... just maybe!
  • The Heavyweight Division still sucks... it's just full of a bunch of guys who are built like Flabby Professional Wrestlers... and past their prime guys who really should stop (Evander Holyfield). Slow, Sloppy Brawling is all I ever see and not too much fitness! There is a difference between Sloppy Brawling and Boxing-Style Brawling! Hardly any of The Heavyweight Fighers are "BOXERS"... that's just my opinion!
  • I still miss Diego "Chico" Corrales... Very Sad!
  • "The Golden Boy" Oscar De La Hoya had an AWESOME career... if he were a few years younger... I swear he would've beaten "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather Jr. That... again... is just my opinion!
  • Ricky "Hit Man" Hatton... as tough as he is... and as much as I like him... is a little bit overrated!
  • Danny Green RULES... and I still say Anthony Mundine is "OVERRATED"... and that The Australian Boxing Scene is still a little bit of a joke!
  • Nobody will ever beat Joe Cavanagh... EVER!
  • Ricardo Mayorga... Damn! I FIND HIM FUNNY!
  • I think that's everything... so without further ado...
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR... OH YEAH... be sure to watch out for future Professional Boxing Stars at next year's Summer Olympics.... THAT'S IT FROM ME!

WAIT A MINUTE...

I don't wanna piss anyone off here... but I really wanted to change me name to Sonny Liston after I was White Tyson. I only changed it to Larry Holmes just to please a few people... but what about me? I really wanted my name to be Sonny Liston... so I hope it's not too much trouble... but could I please have my name changed to Sonny Liston... THANK YOU AND GOODBYE!!! :D
Its been a while since you've been on. So, I remember you as White Tyson, then realized Tyson was a terrible person, and had your name changed to Larry Holmes because he is a good person, but really wanted to be Sonny Liston, so you changed it to that. I gotcha.;):thumbsup: Good review on 2007 by the way.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
interesting thoughts. I argue about Hatton being over-rated though. He's great. he can and will dominate 140 again. Nothing over-rated about stepping up to an uncomfortable weight division and being beaten by the best.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
interesting thoughts. I argue about Hatton being over-rated though. He's great. he can and will dominate 140 again. Nothing over-rated about stepping up to an uncomfortable weight division and being beaten by the best.
remember what lennox lewis said to naz after he lost to MAB?

"all fighters lose, its the great ones who comeback from a loss though".

ricky will be back to form, he's still #1 at 140. :thumbsup:

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ricky Hatton should've stuck to Light Welterweight but I've always wondered! At 5'6" (I think that's how tall he is) could he go ever further down to lower weight divisions such as Lightweight, Super Featherweight and Featherweight? :D

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
A few years ago i think he could have got down to 135, but i doubt it now. 5'6 isnt too bad of a height its just the fact that he has very small reach as well.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
A few years ago i think he could have got down to 135, but i doubt it now. 5'6 isnt too bad of a height its just the fact that he has very small reach as well.

If Ricky faced a guy with a hard snapping jab that could keep him outside he'd have a tough go. But he'd get inside with a slip and get some work done. Damn stubby arms though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts