Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OUCH! I don't really box. I just like put on boxing gloves and fight my friends but we try not to break each others' noses. Is there headgear or w/e that is good at protecting ur nose and how good is it? I was looking at
Everlast Amateur Competition Headgear on Boxing Daily

and Pro Mex Professional Training Headgear Protection on Boxing Daily

but the second obstructs your vision too much. I know if I was a hardcore boxer I'd accept busting my nose, but plz give me a break and help me on this! I don't wanna bust my nose. At least I wanna seriously reduce the damage/risk. I don't care about my head getting hit, only busting my nose. THANKS!

·
Registered
624 Posts
you could try this equipment out, called "run home to mummy"

what sort of question is that, boxing is about punching and you have a nose on your face just take a few punches!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the amazing help first guy. i guess whining about breaking ur nose is the same as working at a pizza place and complaining that the kitchen is too hot (i do that too).

W/e I'd be willing to buy good headgear because unlike most people here, I don't plan to become a committed boxer I just like fighting and getting better at it. Me and my buddies go in one of their basements and simulate MMA stuff but try to to hurt ourselves too much. Believe me though, its not like i cant take pain, I got big bruises all over my body right now, just not a broken nose... yet.

so im not trying to go against your whole boxing mentality, but yeah, if you could help me, it would be great.

·
Registered
624 Posts
oh right what like a fight club? hahaha

i don't really know much about different types of headgear, when i used to box amateur it was the standard sort of headgear you used never really seen any with bars over the nose ect. but it would be cool to see dave's example, i suppose i just never really thought of protecting my nose, kinda get used to gettin planted in it after a while.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah the bar looks the best (its the most expensive) and the same company makes the cage one. I'd rather get the cage one cuz of price. It looks like the only downsides are slightly obstructed vision and a harder (not padded) surface for your opponent's punch (and the kick to my head). I wish I could find reviews or get in touch with someone who has one of these. I think I'm all set unless anyone has something to add (which I would appreciate). Don't mean to keep bumping this thread up.

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I KNEW YOU HAD A BEARD!!!:thumbsup:

Anyways, how is that headgear dave? Does it reduce much pain?
it Reduces NO PAIN and your head will still hurt. :mad:
Do Not Buy the one I HAVE its only good for fun with real friends and family.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts