Naseem Hamed?

• One of the best ever

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your opinions on him as a fighter? I have come across guys who think he was a total hype job, and guys who think he could have been the GOAT if he had been more dedicated:laugh:

Which option in the poll is closest to what you think?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Im gonna go with good fighter but what made him special was his style and his character. He not on the same level as Barrera, Morales or Marques but he was def a good fighter and a great entertainer.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
On terms of skills and potential, he was one of the greatest and most talented fighters I have ever seen. People remember him getting exposed by barrera but Alot of cards were 115-113 barrera. One of my favs of all time.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
He was a real showman with the extravagant rink entrances and flashy fighting, but one thing is for sure, the dude could punch. I don't know that I've ever seen a featherweight with his power. Even before Barrera wiped the mat with him, he started having trouble as he was steadily increasing the caliber of his opponents. He got knocked down a few times against Kevin Kelley in what was probably his biggest fight; at MSG. He couldn't put down Wayne McCullough. I remember him getting dropped a few more times and have real difficulties with Ingle, Soto, and Augie Sanchez. His Roy Jones-like boxing ability started to fade and he began electing to trade bombs, getting himself in a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I was stuck between good and great. Ended up going with great - with a strong emphasis on the "with more dedication could have been special".

·
Registered
772 Posts
Good fighter- but exposed at elite level

to me from what we saw was a good fighter bordering on great,
his skills being lightining fast reactions with very quick hands, the power of a welterweight fighting at featherweight, his confidence helped his style and got him through alot of bouts, but unfortunately his confidence become cockyness and it lost him everything, i think he started to loose the hunger and after loosing to barrera he had no hunger left what so ever.

however without a doubt one of the most entertaining fighters ever. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
If he had stayed with Ingle would have probably fought Barerra, Morales and Pacquaio but i dont care what anyone says he was a shell by 2001 his love for boxing had gone.

·
Registered
830 Posts
EXPOSED fighter and once beaten a no mark!

Given what a total arse the guy was I think that is just peachy:laugh::thumbsup:

Did I say that he was convicted of motoring offences and seriously hurt a guy after crashing head on into his car at 90mph?

No...oh yea...he did that too.

Had his MBE taken off him, should done about 5 years in the nick as well instead of around a year, but the court never got to hear but all his previous driving offences that the idiot was guilty of.

Nassem Hamed former MBE, former convicted criminal and current and former idiot!

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Given what a total arse the guy was I think that is just peachy:laugh::thumbsup:

Did I say that he was convicted of motoring offences and seriously hurt a guy after crashing head on into his car at 90mph?

Had his MBE taken off him, should done about 5 years in the nick as well instead of around a year, but the court never got to hear but all his previous driving offences that the idiot was guilty of.

Nassem Hamed former MBE, former convicted criminal and current and former idiot!
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts

the runner from the car crash was bad, but i think the driver who got hit not so long ago tried to do something to naz's wife and children.

i wouldn't say he was exposed since watching the fight again, it was just beaten. as well as knowing the fact that he was never in the right mind frame and training at his best i think he came out okay by not getting knocked out.

·
Registered
830 Posts
the runner from the car crash was bad, but i think the driver who got hit not so long ago tried to do something to naz's wife and children.

i wouldn't say he was exposed since watching the fight again, it was just beaten. as well as knowing the fact that he was never in the right mind frame and training at his best i think he came out okay by not getting knocked out.
Any more excuses for him?

Maybe if he bum rapes the pope it will be an accident and due to being past his prime:laugh:

Fact is mate he DID a runner from a head on 90 mph car crash that left a bloke in a serious way. He broke every bone in the guys body and it wasn't a one off cause he had previous for motoring offenses.

As for the fight with Barrera, he was schooled.

Hamed was in his prime did little more than beat up on poor usually domesticly poor fighters, he was like a turd version of Roy Jones.

He would have got beaten by Barrera every single day of the year, every year and the same would be true of all the decent top guys like Morales etc.

The guy was a powerful bully with little in the way of boxing skills.

Runs away from accidents (or should I say crimes), runs away from boxing after getting beat, has no heart, little skill and no MBE to go with the criminal record.

Should be forced to sell his house and cars and everything to pay the guy he crippled.

P.S

You wanna talk about real legends, then let's talk about the amazing Nigel Benn who is in your avatar :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Any more excuses for him?

Maybe if he bum rapes the pope it will be an accident and due to being past his prime:laugh:

Fact is mate he DID a runner from a head on 90 mph car crash that left a bloke in a serious way. He broke every bone in the guys body and it wasn't a one off cause he had previous for motoring offenses.

As for the fight with Barrera, he was schooled.

Hamed was in his prime did little more than beat up on poor usually domesticly poor fighters, he was like a turd version of Roy Jones.

He would have got beaten by Barrera every single day of the year, every year and the same would be true of all the decent top guys like Morales etc.

The guy was a powerful bully with little in the way of boxing skills.

Runs away from accidents (or should I say crimes), runs away from boxing after getting beat, has no heart, little skill and no MBE to go with the criminal record.

Should be forced to sell his house and cars and everything to pay the guy he crippled.

P.S

You wanna talk about real legends, then let's talk about the amazing Nigel Benn who is in your avatar :thumbsup:

firstly i agree nigel is a legend. i love his fighting style, his heart and the way he speaks in his interviews. every second is worth listening to, and i can listen to him all day long.

as for hamed, as i said i totally agree the car crash thing made me lsoe respect to him.

as a fighter i strongly believe he was not in his prime. i don't know if you have seen the docu the little prince naseem hamed or whatever it is called. it came out after a few days when he lsot to barerra. it's not on you tube i believe.

well anyway watching that made me realsie naz lost total focus. i recommend you watch it too. it doesn't make you like the guy btw. it makes you think he was just too arrogant.

YouTube - The Little Prince, The Big Fight 1 you will need like 1 hour to watch the whole thing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts