1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
That was a good fight every time Nassem got sloppy he payed for it.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah he underestimated kelly, but what power he has in both his hands. it,ll be interesting to see him comeback and what shape he,ll be in.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I don't think Naseem can take a punch, aand he fought someone that could throw one, and decided to get sloppy with him.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i actualy think he can take one, i seen him on the floor a few times but he always got up. he was in with some big punchers in boom boom, barrera, paterson and kelly.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Oh, I guess he was just to sloppy and got flored by a big puncher.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah but it made for great excitment, what a fight.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Yep, I wonder if Naseem will ever fight Kelly again, if they do and it was like that fight that would make a good trilogy.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kellys retired after his last fight, he looked really bad against some club fighter. naz gets out jail shortly and i heard he,s in reasonable shape. i think the fight he wants is barrera to try and evenge his only loss.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I think Barrera will win, if naz is just out of jail then he will be rusty, Barrera will be fresh and normal.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah id take marco 101 times out of 100. naz got to reliant on his power and forgot he had to box to win a fight. he would have to get back to basics and his first trainer brendan ingle.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Yeah, you can't only rely on your power you need to do other things then just go in swinging with all your might every punch, you get to tired to quickley, Earnie Shavers had that problem.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
power is a great luxuary to have but its proved a downfall for guys like hamed and tyson who forgot over the years to box.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I think Hamed still has a ways to go in Jail he is not getting out that soon. And the pics I saw he looked pretty chubby. No way he is fighting for a long time if ever.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ERIK said:
I think Hamed still has a ways to go in Jail he is not getting out that soon. And the pics I saw he looked pretty chubby. No way he is fighting for a long time if ever.
i think he,s got a couple of months to do still. but i read in a newspaper that he,s been doing a lot of gym work in jail. i agree if he gets out in a couple of months he wont be ready to maybe mid 2007.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Huh, just how chubby was he, was he fat enough to be a heavyweight?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
he did get quiet big but i saw him before he got jailed and he looked a bit better. ive heard again that he,s been putting the hours in at the jail gym and he,s looking better again.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
If he contiues to works hard maybe he will become fit to fight at his old weight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the good thing for naz is marco and the other big guns have moved up a weight since he last fought so that should make it easyer for him.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts