·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brad Cooney
4/22/2008

NATE CAMPBELL BLASTS OSCAR DE LA HOYA

By Brad Cooney

BC – What's up champ? Give us your thoughts on your performance over the former champ Juan Diaz.

NC – Oh man, I thought that I did a great job. I think that I should have stopped him, but beating him the way that I did made it synonymous for everyone around me to say that I am the best.

BC – Not only did you beat Juan Diaz, but you did it convincingly. Did you really think that the fight would be that easy for you?

NC – Yes, I told everyone that it would be one of the easiest fights of my career. I told everyone that this one would be worse than the Kid Diamond fight.

BC – What do you attribute your level of success against Diaz? Do you feel that Juan Diaz may have been overrated at all? Or was it a perfect style match up in your favor?

NC - It's a lot of what you just said. I thought that he was a bit overrated. I knew that my speed would be much better than he thought. Nobody ever thinks about my hand speed. I knew that my style and power would be too much for him, and I knew that my inside fighting would be too much for him as well. I guess he found out the hard way.

BC – Juan Diaz is a class act. Was he a gentleman after the fight?

NC – Yes, he was, but the people around him turned out to be pretty degrading. You know what though? I don't owe them anything, and they don't owe me anything. For them to be nice to me is expected by other people, but I don't expect it.

BC – What is your plan for the immediate future?

NC – My future is truly bright, I want to knockout Joel Casamayor. He doesn't want to fight me though, De La Hoya is offering him a Juan Diaz fight. Let me tell you something, if Oscar De La Hoya makes this fight between Casamayor and Juan Diaz for a linear title, he would have driven another stake into the heart of boxing. They have this belief that they can own a sanctioning body. What they are doing is basically against the law.

BC – There's a good chance that De La Hoya will read this interview. Talk to him, and let him know here how you are feeling about this.

NC – I am just saying, do what's right. You said that you would do what was best for boxing when you started your company. Make the best fights in boxing, not what's best for you. I don't hate anybody, I just really love this sport of boxing. Boxing is being damaged by other sports now, MMA, Ultimate Fighting etc... they are taking over because we don't do what is right. Oscar De La Hoya has made hundreds of millions of dollars when he was fighting. Don't block other fighters from making the same thing. Just because Juan Diaz is the best story in boxing, does NOT make him the best fighter in boxing. To make Juan Diaz a fight for a linear title is flat out wrong. I think that the fans should boycott these kinds of fights. Don't go out and buy these kinds of fights. If you disagree with the direction that boxing is going, then don't support the fights. Stop making these fights that are advantageous to the promoters. I want Casamayor next not because I thought the first fight was a bogus decision. I want him because that's the fight that is the best fight!

BC – If you do get a fight with Casamayor, how do you see that match up?

NC – If you saw the first fight you saw that I out boxed him until I hurt my hands. If I fight him again I will stop him, or he will wish that I did stop him.

BC – When do you want to get back into the ring?

NC – As soon as possible, maybe late July early August.

BC – If Casamayor is not in the cards, who else do you want to fight?

NC – I want to fight either Anthony Peterson or Amir Khan. I feel that Anthony Peterson ran his big mouth. I will make him hate what he does for a living. All that talk that he wants to be the man? He has to fight THE man before he can be the man. Amir Khan been calling me out too, he's been talking. Look, this boy doesn't have the luxury of calling me out, you fight who they tell you to fight Amir! Hopefully if Casamayor doesn't happen I really will get to beat you down.

BC – If you had your choice between Anthony Peterson, and Amir Khan, who would you rather fight?

NC – It doesn't matter to me. These guys need to realize that I don't need money, I don't need a million dollars. If you piss me off, I'll fight you in public for free. It don't matter to me who I fight, they are both advantageous.

BC – Do you have any closing thoughts for your fans?

NC – I want to thank all of my fans for their support. I am going to keep pursuing everybody who says they are the best. If you say you are the best, we'll see about that!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One of the most ducked men in boxing.

If he thinks Oscar's gonna get arrested for corrupting boxing he's nuts. They would have to build a few new prisons just to house all the people who have sullied the sport.

I don't think Khan wants anything to do with him either, Campbell went as far as traveling to the UK to call him out through the press and to my knowledge Khan hasn't responded.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Oscar isnt goign to corrupt boxing, but he'll be the same type of promoter eventually that they all are, He's the new don king with a pretty face. He's of course nicer than king as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oscar isnt goign to corrupt boxing, but he'll be the same type of promoter eventually that they all are, He's the new don king with a pretty face. He's of course nicer than king as well.
Well put they all eventually turn into the same guy pretty much.
I do like it when guys that actually care about boxing and were involved with the sport prior {especially fighters} take on positions of power, and not guys that built themselves off two timing and crime.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
From golden boy to slimy promoter the least he could do to cover his ass, is offer Campell the winner of that fight,I think that would be the right thing to do if he's in fact set on making Diaz CSMYR happening

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
All of a sudden Campbell hurt his hands in the Casamayor fight? That's the first time I ever heard that. But I do agree with Nate. Con hasn't earn the right to call Campbell out. But I do hope he gets the fight. Campbell would wreck Con

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Nates a good fighter but ive always strugled to take him serious after he dropped his hands and got sparked out.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Casamayor already fought Nate and won him easily and now few years later he says he got hurt? pfff

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
"If you piss me off, I'll fight you in public for free." now that's a fighter. he's quick to pull a knife on someone without blinking too. i think steve kim or doug fischer mentioned him trying to get a tarver after he tried to get cute with him:laugh:

Nates a good fighter but ive always strugled to take him serious after he dropped his hands and got sparked out.
pride makes you do stupid things.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I agree with Nate 1000% :thumbsup:

But to call GBP the next DKP is completely incorrect.

I hate the "Don" as well but he took boxing to super star level with great fights not great smiles.
DKP put up some of the best fights ever
Middle weight Torny
Heavy weight torny
Champ Vs Champs
Time and time again.

DKP is great for boxing fans but he is a deadly disease to his boxers.

GBP in only for their pockets.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
"If you piss me off, I'll fight you in public for free." now that's a fighter. he's quick to pull a knife on someone without blinking too. i think steve kim or doug fischer mentioned him trying to get a tarver after he tried to get cute with him:laugh:
He was trying to pick a fight with Tarver? lol

pride makes you do stupid things.
That was one of the stupidest things I've seen a fighter do in the ring.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
He was trying to pick a fight with Tarver? lol
nah man...he was trying to cut tarver. he was that :mad:!

That was one of the stupidest things I've seen a fighter do in the ring.
no doubt. pavlik is lucky jt didn't finish him when he did the same thing.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
nah man...he was trying to cut tarver. he was that :mad:!

no doubt. pavlik is lucky jt didn't finish him when he did the same thing.
Reminds me of these 2 guys that were fighting right below my window when I was at work. Actually one guy was pushing and bitch slapping the other guy around. A 3rd guy came in and got litterally kicked in the butt lol. They did nothing except try to talk while getting slapped around. Later in the afternoon I saw one of the guys who got owned get out with a fork and looking all hard lmao. I don't know what happened next cause I had to work a little and then go home. I don't think he got the balls to stab anyone though.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Reminds me of these 2 guys that were fighting right below my window when I was at work. Actually one guy was pushing and bitch slapping the other guy around. A 3rd guy came in and got litterally kicked in the butt lol. They did nothing except try to talk while getting slapped around. Later in the afternoon I saw one of the guys who got owned get out with a forke and looking all hard lmao. I don't know what happened next cause I had to work a little and then go home. I don't think he got the balls to stab anyone though.
dude pulled out a fork!? that would've made me even more pissed off! he would've really gotten his ass-whupped after that.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
dude pulled out a fork!? that would've made me even more pissed off! he would've really gotten his ass-whupped after that.:laugh:
No kidding. The guy looked like he was bragging about what he would do with it but he and his buddy got owned by one guy. I don't think I've ever seen 2 grown men get bitch slapped like that. They were like "hey calm down man" between each slap lol.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
he sure would have looked funny walking home with a fork stuck in his butt :laugh:
One time I was at a club and ran into this chick I knew, she walks up to me and tells me there's this dude that just wont leave her alone, so I said just ignore him and lets dance, pretent your my girl so we're dancing a slow song and I'm feeling her up, playing it to the max, and I can see that this dude was getting inraged so after the song finished I thoug let me just go over there and try to calm this guy down, as soon as I got about 2 steps from him I see him look back at a bottle on a table behind him he turned to grab it,as soon as I saw that man I trew a right with everything I had, as soon as his eyes came back on me POW I laid that mtrfrkr flat under a table were his buddies try revive him.......

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
No kidding. The guy looked like he was bragging about what he would do with it but he and his buddy got owned by one guy. I don't think I've ever seen 2 grown men get bitch slapped like that. They were like "hey calm down man" between each slap lol.
that's some hilarious $hit right there!:laugh:

he sure would have looked funny walking home with a fork stuck in his butt :laugh:
One time I was at a club and ran into this chick I knew, she walks up to me and tells me there's this dude that just wont leave her alone, so I said just ignore him and lets dance, pretent your my girl so we're dancing a slow song and I'm feeling her up, playing it to the max, and I can see that this dude was getting inraged so after the song finished I thoug let me just go over there and try to calm this guy down, as soon as I got about 2 steps from him I see him look back at a bottle on a table behind him he turned to grab it,as soon as I saw that man I trew a right with everything I had, as soon as his eyes came back on me POW I laid that mtrfrkr flat under a table were his buddies try revive him.......
ha ha! i immediately thought "he may have been reaching for the bottle to take a sip".

1 - 20 of 41 Posts