Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Campbell Stoppage

Votes: 1 6.3%
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was reported in a Dominican newspaper that this fight was made, and now Campbell's co-promoters (who post on another forum) have confirmed this fight will happen, they are just looking for a date and the venue for the fight now.

Who you guys got for this one?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a feeling Guzman gets the decision too. It won't be pretty though, he will be on his bike all night.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I like Guzman and I think it will be an entertaining fight. Campbell is good at ruining your gameplan and Guzman likes to slug it out from time to time. He only moved away for the last 3 rounds of the Soto fight. Joan will get the UD 7-5. Can't wait to see Campbell and Floyd Sr talk trash.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Guzman is nothing but a runner. I'll never forget that little bastard turning his back on Soto and then complaining about being hit in the back of the head. He's another guy I just can't wait to see go down in flames.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
I got a feeling Guzman gets the decision too. It won't be pretty though, he will be on his bike all night.
it's going to be a close fight because of this. i'm a have to think about who wins this one.

I like Guzman and I think it will be an entertaining fight. Campbell is good at ruining your gameplan and Guzman likes to slug it out from time to time. He only moved away for the last 3 rounds of the Soto fight. Joan will get the UD 7-5. Can't wait to see Campbell and Floyd Sr talk trash.
it'll probably be more enteraining than the fight:laugh:

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Guzman is nothing but a runner. I'll never forget that little bastard turning his back on Soto and then complaining about being hit in the back of the head. He's another guy I just can't wait to see go down in flames.
He only did it in the later rounds. Watch the first 8 rounds even Merchant said he was using his foot and handspeed to be offensive. I think Floyd Sr told him to move more so that's why he almost didn't engage Soto in the later rounds.

it's going to be a close fight because of this. i'm a have to think about who wins this one.

it'll probably be more enteraining than the fight:laugh:
I can't wait for the press conference man. I actually don't know who talks more shiit.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Guzman, easy UD.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I can't see Campbell beating Guzman. Guzman style is all wrong from him. Campbell is at his best against guys that stand in front of him. Kid Diamond and Juan Diaz kind of fighters. Movers give him trouble. Look at his Isaac Hlatswayo fight. Guzman will beat him, I think

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
I can't see Campbell beating Guzman. Guzman style is all wrong from him. Campbell is at his best against guys that stand in front of him. Kid Diamond and Juan Diaz kind of fighters. Movers give him trouble. Look at his Isaac Hlatswayo fight. Guzman will beat him, I think
do you think he guzman beats him easy like tommy' saying?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
he didn't talk too much $hit to hopkins, so i'm kinda thinking it'll be the same with nate.

easy, huh? i seriously doubt that.
When i say easy i mean something like 116-112.

Maybe not easy but clear.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
As was mensioned the movement and boxing ability will be the difference in this one.
i'm inclined to agree. guzman will box mostly and pick his spots to trade. i think he may win by 2 or 3 rounds, but i wouldn't be surprised if campbell retains his belts.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
nate has heart and he won by outworking juan diaz. juan has great stamina but on the day nate was the man. guzman will box and that's why he may win. it just depends if nate still has it in him to fight a boxer. if his footwork is good then i hope he wins. i've never liked the way he calls out pacquiao.

i would have prefered katsidis vs nate for a more interesting fight and cassa vs juan.

how the hell did guzman get ontop of amir khan. wasn't khan ranked 1 or 2?

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
nate has heart and he won by outworking juan diaz. juan has great stamina but on the day nate was the man. guzman will box and that's why he may win. it just depends if nate still has it in him to fight a boxer. if his footwork is good then i hope he wins. i've never liked the way he calls out pacquiao.

i would have prefered katsidis vs nate for a more interesting fight and cassa vs juan.

how the hell did guzman get ontop of amir khan. wasn't khan ranked 1 or 2?
It's too early for Khan to fight any of the champs at 135 besides David Diaz and he would give him a run for his money at this point.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
It's too early for Khan to fight any of the champs at 135 besides David Diaz and he would give him a run for his money at this point.
i know that is true, but i want him to go in versus nate sicne i feel nate may not be able to keep up with him. amir can box very well on the back foot althoguh he needs to improve on his footwork a lil and his defence for the right hands. if amir goes for a title and i assume guzman, cassa, pac or marquez having titles will mean he won't have a prayer. to me nate seems the weakest link. pac is too explosive, marquez and guzman can outbox him, cassa showed a lot of experience in beating katsidis. i really thought juan had too much for nate before the fight. i was very surprised indeed.

if amir becomes a world champ, he will do so by fighting a worthy champ. not a bum like he is fighting now.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.