Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'am 16 years of age and i box amature in england 0 fights yet but the trainers have said i have got potential and i'am training really hard and i'am going to get medicaled this week or maybe next but theres a problem. With my eyesight i have a 100% in one eye and about 30/35% in the other i have a lazy eye which is basically blurred vision but with my bad eye i can still see big letters and play most video games i just can';t see small text. And i do well in sparring as i'am pretty slick and don't get caught that much do you think the doctor will pass me and what do they do on amarure and pro medicals and do any of you know others pro boxers or amture boxrers that box with bad vision in one eye!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Well im not to sure. Im 17 and my mate whos the same has a lazy eye and has to wear glasses. Hes had 4 bouts now and the medicals have all gone fine. Il ask him what they do at the medicals because im not to sure myself i think they just test you with a few things ya no.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
And welcome to the forum mate. Hang around on here its good fun

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah David Reid had limited vision on one of his eyes and he won the olympics.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Chances are you'll just have to sign medical wavers saying that you can't sue etc, depends on who you box with though and their insurance.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I think you'll pass. Joe Frazier was pretty much blind in his left eye and look what he did. Good luck.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
It all depends how much you love the sport and what are you willing to sacrifize, I'm sure you can find ways to fool the doctors, but they're not the ones who are gonna have to live with one good eye if something happens to you, remember that some times a punch can be faster than the blink of an eye, good luck to you in what ever you deceide.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts