Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 36-year old male, and about as out-of-shape as you can be. I just recentley quit chewing tobacco, smoking cigars, and drinking alcohol. I read a book entitled "Unclaimed Destiny: The Heart of a Champion" written by Rusty Rosenberger, based on his career. After reading this book I would like to train like a boxer, even though I will never become a boxer, due to my age. I am willing to put in the blood, sweat, and tears, that a boxer goes through to become physically fit. Could somebody please give me some sort-of routine, including proper diet to start.
Thank You,
Jim

P.S. Check out the site Rusty's BodyBoxing / SafeBoxing

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Well, start out with simple stuff like walk a mile or two every day, or at the very minimum once a week. Go to a local gym or PAL (police athletic league) and ask if they can help you get a routine started. Myabe start out with learning the basics (shadowboxing, footwork, etc) if you are just looking for the physical aspect, then start jumping rope, and shadowboxing/aerobics. Also, if you learn the footwork, dancing around the ring and shadowboxing will help too. Good luck.;)

PS I don't know much about dieting, just whats good for you, and whats bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You could pretty much live on vegetables and fruits...and they are really healthy for you.

I usually only eat white chicken meat, white turkey meat as far as meat goes.

Quitting alcohol and smoking was a real good thing to do. If you really crave sweets, try to get something naturally sweet like a nectarine, or strawberries.

Start looking at labels and avoid preservatives. Choose brown pasta instead of white, brown rice instead of white, whole wheat bread instead of white. Those changes alone will really improve your health.

Look up the "10 healthiest foods" on Google. That's a good start, and it will make you more aware of the foods that are really good for you.

good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts