Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Was Going Through These Threads The Other Day And I Found One About Everybody Trained.. (Starting Off With Shadow Boxing Then Skipping Rope Etc..) And Everybody Gave A Nice Detailed Workouts That Seemed Effective. I Can't Find That Thread Anymore, Forgot WHere I Seen It..

Can You People Please State How You Train? .. All I Have Is A Punching Bag.. YMCA And I Run On A Daily Basis..

And Please Be As Detailed As Possible.. If You Say You Skip Rope .. Please State How Long You Skip It for And How Many Times And How Long Between Each Break... Same With Weights Etc.. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Que said:
I Was Going Through These Threads The Other Day And I Found One About Everybody Trained.. (Starting Off With Shadow Boxing Then Skipping Rope Etc..) And Everybody Gave A Nice Detailed Workouts That Seemed Effective. I Can't Find That Thread Anymore, Forgot WHere I Seen It..

Can You People Please State How You Train? .. All I Have Is A Punching Bag.. YMCA And I Run On A Daily Basis..

And Please Be As Detailed As Possible.. If You Say You Skip Rope .. Please State How Long You Skip It for And How Many Times And How Long Between Each Break... Same With Weights Etc.. Thanks.
Rounds are allways going to be 3mins, with a 1 min break.
Normally it goes something like this:
4 rounds skipping
4 rounds shadow boxing
4 rounds speedbag
4 rounds heavybag
10-15 mins ab workout

If im sparing that night I go down to 3 rounds of each and then add in the 3-4 rounds of sparing.

Sometimes the coach toss's in some drills aswell(these are just a few). Things like a step-up drill, medicne ball routine, jab/parry exercise, sprints in the parkinglot, bob n' weave drills. Things like that

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do I Run A Few K's And Weightlift Before Or After That?.. I Also Have No Access To A Boxing gym...And Shadow Boxing Is Just Practicing By Yourself With No Equipment?.. I have a list of questions lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Que said:
Do I Run A Few K's And Weightlift Before Or After That?.. I Also Have No Access To A Boxing gym...And Shadow Boxing Is Just Practicing By Yourself With No Equipment?.. I have a list of questions lol.
sorry it took so long to reply ive been busy :)

Normally I run on the days that im not in the gym, so if im at the gym 4 days a week then I will run the other 3. But theres no reason you cant run the same day if u got the steam for it.when I shadow box ill normally stand infront of a mirror so you can see where your lacking form. Make sure your hands are allways up and check your footwork. shadow boxing is used to build your skills rather than your strength. So you should be constantly checking your form.

Running for me atm is only about 5k jog and about every 1k ill sprint for about 30-40 seconds then ill walk for 15secs then back into the jog. But im sure theres lots of boxers who are way more hardcore then me. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts