Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
will i still gain stamina from your workout if i remove the running, i have ankle issues they are fine to box with but when i run on them they tense up? should i add more jump rope instead?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Sure. Swimming is also good for cardio (idea all thanks to my friend pork chop who got angry at me for not including it =P) If not then either bike or jump rope a lot more.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
haha all you have to do now rican is get that myers goon out of here and you get my vote for todays mvp haha:thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
i dont feel like i am getting any better on my feet, my endurance has increased, but i stilll feel slow, any drills i can do for thaat?

·
Registered
212 Posts
i dont feel like i am getting any better on my feet, my endurance has increased, but i stilll feel slow, any drills i can do for thaat?
you gotta lose some weight first before you feel a big change in speed. Until then do some sprints either on the treadmill or on a track or something. Make sure ur running atleast twice a week, start off doing 6 miles a week then build the distance up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
alright, and once i am around 210 i should be quicker? Like my endurance is up but i am just not getting quicker ya know?

·
Registered
212 Posts
ya ull start feeling a difference after you drop to around 210. But just take ur time, dont rush into anything.

·
Registered
212 Posts
oh i thought you meant foot work. Ya you can do shadow boxing with the weights and you can also use a resistance band, that helps a lot. Speed bag doesnt help with hand speed that much, its mostly for hand eye coordination and rythem.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts