Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is some new movie coming out that I just saw a trailer for that looks awesome. Samuel Jackson plays a former champ who ends up a literal bum, and, well the movie looks badass! Has anyone seen this trailer yet?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
There is some new movie coming out that I just saw a trailer for that looks awesome. Samuel Jackson plays a former champ who ends up a literal bum, and, well the movie looks badass! Has anyone seen this trailer yet?
maybe its based on leon spinks. :laugh:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
most greats to end up as bunms. thats the sad thing about great boxers. sounds good though, thanks for the heads up shannon.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
No I aint seen anything but il keep a look out. I watched a boxing film the other day which I aint heard of 'Price of Glory'. Think it was just a low budget film, not famous. I enjoyed it, dont get me wrong it was a bit cheesy but most sporting films are.

·
Registered
79 Posts
yeah i seen price of glory when it came out , thought it was a great movie, its got a good story behind the boxing, i always give boxing movies a go ,low budget or high budget, some of them r shockers though, seen a shocker the other day called undisputed 2 , no no no good

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
RattlesnakeWake said:
yeah i seen price of glory when it came out , thought it was a great movie, its got a good story behind the boxing, i always give boxing movies a go ,low budget or high budget, some of them r shockers though, seen a shocker the other day called undisputed 2 , no no no good
welcome along wakey.

theres an undisputed 2...lol...the first one was good with ving rhames and wesley snipes though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
cheers for the link tommy

yeah the second undisputed is about a retired champ who gets put in russion prison and has to fight in no rules prison fights, it stars the fella who was in spawn movie, the only reason to watch this movie is to laugh at, haha, really no good hey,

i also read in "the fist" that there is interest on making a movie on chuck wepner who was the fighter who stallone based rocky on, i read this a while ago so i dont know if anything has eventuated, i dont think chuck ever won a title but fought some great champs like ali, foreman and liston, but they say there was alot in his that happened in his life that would make a great movie, tim robbins and john c. really r interested in taking on the role, has anyone heard any further on this movie?

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Yeah, I was watching undisputed 2 the other day also, not very good. The first one I thought was pretty good though. An old one from like 1951 called "The Set up" was pretty good, and another old one from I think 1953 called "Somebody up there likes me" I thought was pretty good. It was based on Rocky Graziano, not very accurate...but still a good watch. I saw the trailer for this new one coming out. It looks decent. I thought Will Smith did a great job in the movie "Ali".

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
bill1234 said:
Yeah, I was watching undisputed 2 the other day also, not very good. The first one I thought was pretty good though. An old one from like 1951 called "The Set up" was pretty good, and another old one from I think 1953 called "Somebody up there likes me" I thought was pretty good. It was based on Rocky Graziano, not very accurate...but still a good watch. I saw the trailer for this new one coming out. It looks decent. I thought Will Smith did a great job in the movie "Ali".
Did you know that Tony Zale played himself in Somebody up there likes me. I'll bet Paul Newman was hoping he wouldnt go for real in the fight scenes
Another good movie was Hurricane with denzil washington. Denzil trained hard for that movie he said " If I play a 160 pound fighter thats what i'll weigh. Word is he did great he could have done pretty good as a fighter for real:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
yeah he could train like hell but he still has to have the know how, i think carl weathers wanted to fight after playin apollo creed in rocky but was convinced not to because he had no experience

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is called resurrecting the champ and looks great! I will be going to see this on premier night.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
RattlesnakeWake said:
is that the one u were talking about with samuel l jackson in it?

Yes. It looks like a good movie. I think its based on Bob Satterfield?:dunno:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi,Guys-
As I understand it,the moive Ressurecting the Champ is based on a homeless guy who dupped some reporter into thinking he was Bob Satterfield and homeless. The real Bob Satterfield was dead at that point,but the real life Samuel L. Jackson character said it was mistaken identity and he was the real Satterfield. Sounds like one that's probably only loosely dealing with Boxing,but might be a good movie anyway.

Dave

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
I reckon if Samuel L. Jackson bulked up and shaved his head... he could take part in a movie about George Foreman during his comeback years! His 20 days older than George Foreman and looks fit enough... I really do think something like that could be pulled off really well... even by Hollywood's standards (most of Hollywood... sucks)! :cheeky4:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i will definently watch this when it comes out on dvd, i really dont enjoy going to the theatre to watch movies. Theres alwasy someone there that makes me not enjoy the movie becasue they are either to loud or what not. But sam l jackson and the reporter in the movie are two of my favortie actors. looks good. who exactly is bob satterfield? im not familiar with him.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I know what you mean,my favorite are the people that can't set their CellPhones to Vibrate,and worse yet don't have the courtesy to answer and take it out in the Lobby,but will sit and there and talk for ten minutes,not even attempting to hold it down. Oh,don't mind us,we paid Eight Dollars because we wanted to hear you argue with your Boyfriend/Girlfriend,we didn't really care about the Movie. Same goes for the Couples that are too cheap for a Babysitter and bring their kid with them. Oh,well enough of my rant of movie theatres :)

Bob Satterfield was a top Light Heavyweight turned Heavyweight during the Fifties,here's his Record: boxer Bob Satterfield

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
what?

you guys actualy go to the cinema to watch the movies...:D

the only time i go is when im with a chick and i dont want my GF to find out....:laugh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts