Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am only 16 and pretty new to the sport. I just want to know how to get started. I have been looking for some gyms in my area, but the only one close to be charges almost 100 bucks a month. I dont know the rules of youth boxing but im 6'2, 200 lbs, with a 76' reach. Im just looking for some advice for a beginner how to train properly on my own untill i find a reasonably priced gym. I am very eager to fight in organized matches as soon as i can.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Firstly if you want to fight as soon as possible you will need to find a gym, secondly you will need to get the right conditioning to become a boxer, thirdly it's not a good idea to try and teach yourself how to box without a trainer as you acn pick up some bad habits which will be hard to break when you do find a trainer. Here are some good sites to help you get started to improve your conditioning and skill. Learn How to Box | How To Box and Your Top Source For Free Boxing Training Advice both are extremely helpful and give your the tools you need to start yourself off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts