Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im going to get new gloves. Basically i want to know what the best kind are for heavy bag work and general training ( joining a boxing gym in a couple weeks). I can afford a reasonable amount . Iv been looking at the everlast higher end ones the super pro training gloves, title authentic style sparing gloves and lonsdale traditional style which are a british brand. Basically whats the best value for money and overall best glove. Doesnt have to be those three keep in mind im a beginner who will be joining a gym and it needs to be an all rounder. And is it 16 oz i need?

This is the site i was looking at so if you get time have a browse and see which you think are the best.

Sugar Ray's Boxing Store :: Gloves :: Sparring Gloves :: Velcro Closure

Any advice welcome pls!:D

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Athorn4941 said:
Get 1 set for bag work and another for sparring.

Bag gloves are made of a denser foam to withstand day to day use.

Sparring gloves are made with a multilayer foam that is softer then a bag glove.

Do not interchange the gloves cause you could ruin or hurt someone.
Well said Athorn.
Also we should note that your sparring gloves will be 14oz or higher (we usually use 16oz gloves) and your bag glove weight will depend on what suits you best. I prefer a 12oz glove, but thats up to you.
I've used Ringside brand almost exclusively because I've never had a reason to change up. They make excellent quality products that last. Damn, I should be on their payroll for all of the free advertising they get out of me, lol.
Although I must admit, I did just order a pair from Title, who also have an excellent reputation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Captainobvious99 said:
Dragon, they must seem like LOOONNGGG rounds sparring with 18oz's eh?
Horrors! Last time I used them as 'shields' against 6'10" 270lbs French guy with 300+ amateur fights! That was the last time that did me any good!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts