Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been boxing for about 2 years off and on now. My first trainer was terrible and my second...well hes more mma orientated. I went to my first fight the other day and lost I know I could do better only if someone could point out my mistakes to me.

So anyone want to recommend a could gym in the new haven ct area, I have my eyes on the hamdem gym alot of good boxers come out of there any other suggestions?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yea stay away from mma guys. they will bamboozle you into thinking your a great boxer, because they don't know the difference. If there are good boxers coming out of a gym, that would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
216 Posts
funny that you said that, conditioning wise I was ready for my fight but my defense needs alot of work and I think thats where the mma guys fell off as trainers
Well whatever they fell off of wasn't worth riding anyways. They can show you how to eat it in the mitts, but thats it. Any slipping or any other techniques will be nil and void. If there is one thing mma guys are bad at...it's boxing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts