Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've lurked here a while and just signed up. Seems like a great boxing forum. I'm very new to boxing. Joined a boxing gym about 3 months ago. I'm old, a bit over 40, the workout has been really challenging but I'm glad I finally took the plunge. I used to play football and have lifted and jogged since quitting. Some knowledgable people here so I look foward to picking your brains and sharing my love of the sweet science.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Hey guys. I've lurked here a while and just signed up. Seems like a great boxing forum. I'm very new to boxing. Joined a boxing gym about 3 months ago. I'm old, a bit over 40, the workout has been really challenging but I'm glad I finally took the plunge. I used to play football and have lifted and jogged since quitting. Some knowledgable people here so I look foward to picking your brains and sharing my love of the sweet science.
Welcome HeavyBagHero! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Welcome to the jungle. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Glad to have you here bro. If you ever need anything or have any questions you can send me a private message or any other moderators. Again, welcome.
-Shane

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
welcome. i hope boxing training is helping you stay healthy and more importantly that you enjoy it

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
welcome. i hope boxing training is helping you stay healthy and more importantly that you enjoy it
1000 posts by the end of the week mate? ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks

Thanks, yeah, thought up the name on the fly. Some knowledgeable people here. Good forum.

I wonder if there are many here like me - in that I joined a boxing gym later in life, 41. I'm sure enjoying it. The workouts kick ass. And, it's been a motivator for me to live healthier - very little alcohol, no junk food. A couple of my friends called me "chisled" the other day. It's like it's reversing the aging process.

I played some football in college and if I ever go back to coach I'll surely integrate some of the floor work I'm learning at the boxing gym into the football practices.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
:thumbsup: don't you wish you started early right? I love it and i'm happy i started it at an early age and upset i didn't start it at like 12 when my mom went to Gleasons gym and was planning on signing up my twin brother (fraturnal twins) but not me i don't know why and then didn't take him there cause it was too expensive and far away from my house. Boxing has made me much healthier. I've stopped with junk food, fast food (junk food category), soda (occasionally i'll drink it). I've been watching what i eat and making sure my diet was good. Boxing is a great sport. I hope you enjoy it here i think you'll like it a lot. You may get people testing your knowledge and trying to pick a fight. I've had like 10 already don't worry about it it happens don't get yourself banned like the other 4 that picked the fight with me :laugh: :cheeky4: have fun in this forum and welcome. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts