Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Fighter

I am new to boxing, and I am not very good at all, hence, my username (I'm surprised that no one has used this name yet).
I haven't been in a real boxing match yet, but I plan to join a boxing club nearby.
I am in high school, only 100 lbs or so, and I wouldn't call myself strong, but I love boxing.
If you have any advice, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
468 Posts
punchingbag said:
I am new to boxing, and I am not very good at all, hence, my username (I'm surprised that no one has used this name yet).
I haven't been in a real boxing match yet, but I plan to join a boxing club nearby.
I am in high school, only 100 lbs or so, and I wouldn't call myself strong, but I love boxing.
If you have any advice, it would be much appreciated.
Keep it up, go to a local gym and learn how to do it properly.

Noone's good when they start don't worry you'll get there don't worry about having amatuer fights yet it's a sport which takes time to get good at you don't have fights straight away.

Your weights irrelevant it just means you'll fight in a lower weight class.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spiderbloke said:

Noone's good when they start don't worry you'll get there don't worry about having amatuer fights yet it's a sport which takes time to get good at you don't have fights straight away.

Yeah, I don't expect to get in any fights yet, though I appreciate the advice.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
spiderbloke said:

i was, im half man half amazing though. :cool:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
spiderbloke said:
Selective memory in your old age then thomas :rolleyes:
just like when i gamble, i always talk about my wins but never my loses. LOL

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
TommyGunn said:
i was, im half man half amazing though. :cool:
Hey thats the name of my first album. Anyway Puchingbag keep it up be patient. How old are you?

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Oh you got plenty of time to develop. Take you time and stay focussed. School first sports second.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Balistik said:
My advice is to keep on training regularly even if you get beat up big time use this as a motivation.
Once again, thanks for the advice. I'm sure I will get beat up big time, frequently.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Everybody does when they start. At some point in your training you'll find yourself feeling very good despite being sweaty and stuff. You'll feel like you're not as tired as you think you'd be and you got extra stamina. That's the best feeling in the world.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts