Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to this forum and to boxing. I am actually a karate practitioner but I really enjoy watching boxing and feel that learning boxing would really benefit my karate sparring. I don't have any boxing gyms near me so my question is this: I saw that Title Boxing puts out instructional DVDs for what appears to be all levels of boxing and so does Ringside (John Brown is the instructor). Does anybody have any experience with these products? I would greatly appreciate your input since it looks like for now DVD training is all that I can get. Thanks everyone.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Like your self I also started out in Karate ( Neisi Goju Ryu) wich was very rigid but agresive, then went on to Chinese Kempo, which was a lot more loose and Kung Fu oriented, on day I was sparring a new guy at the dojo, unkwon to me he was an amateur boxer, let me tell you this guy was timimg the hell out of me catching me with clean shots, this sparring session opened my eyes, that boxing is all there is to be when it comes to hand to hand combat, so I proceeded to learn the basics then convine them with a little kicking and some wrestling, what I can tell you is that trough out my twenties I felt like a complete fighter, and Boxing became the focus of my training, you sould a try to absorb as much as you can from what ever source after all developing our skills begins in the brain, good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Hello. I am new to this forum and to boxing. I am actually a karate practitioner but I really enjoy watching boxing and feel that learning boxing would really benefit my karate sparring. I don't have any boxing gyms near me so my question is this: I saw that Title Boxing puts out instructional DVDs for what appears to be all levels of boxing and so does Ringside (John Brown is the instructor). Does anybody have any experience with these products? I would greatly appreciate your input since it looks like for now DVD training is all that I can get. Thanks everyone.
Hey man if you're interested in it, and you can't find a gym I say why not! You obviously have a curiosity about boxing, so you might as well go for it. The DVD's will be better than nothing at all, and, though I've never used them, I have seen a few of them and they seem very informative. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Over 20 people have read this, yet only Hugo replied. Shame shame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts