Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone so heres my deal. I'm 20 and want to become a boxer. I am about 215 - 220 pounds and want to get down to 180 pounds. I don't know how I should train. I'm more muscle than fat so all I want is to get rid of the fat. I want to know what I should eat (a plan would be great) and how many times a week should I work out/train? I can work out everyday if need be. Should I train in the morning and night if I can and if I do should I do roadwork or HIIT? A routine would be great. I really just don't know, there is a lot of info on the net but not sure what to believe so anyone who has been in my situation before, please shed some light for me on this. Thanks

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I would suggest visiting your local gym and getting started there. They'll get you on the right track for learning the basics and getting in good physical condition.
If you want to prep, start getting your roadwork in. Run a few miles a day, and do your calesthenics (pushups, crunches, jumping jacks, etc)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm new also and I found this site on the forum.

boxinggyms.com - Boxing Gyms and Clubs

I'm not sure who posted the site on this forum but thanks to who ever did. It has a list of boxing gyms in a lot of states. I'm still looking for one but they give you advice on there so it really helps.

You're lucky. I'm mostly fat and weight about 269 at 5'7. And my goal is to get down to 150. Long way to go but I find it self satisfying when I know I'm pushing myself to my limits for something I'm interested in deeply.

Good luck to you! And take your time finding the right gym and trainer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts