Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, first I should probable tell you a little about myself. I am 16, am 5'10", and weigh 150 lbs.(alittle to skinny for me) and I only do bodyweight strength training which helped me get from 140 to 150.

My goal is to reach 160 lbs. of solid muscle, and I was wondering if using of Heavy bag will help? I do martial arts so I also want to increase my power and speed, but I don't want to lose any strength or size in my muscles. Will heavy bag training help me get stronger and get bigger, if not will it at least keep my muscles at the same size and strength? I am just not sure if heavy bag training will have the same effect as running does on your muscles. Thanks for reading and giving me any input.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
heavybag will make you stronger and hit harder, yes. Will it help you put on 10 pounds, probabley not. but it will rip your shoulders up nice and good along with your back. but if you can mix up lifting weights here and there and eat enough, yse you can do this and add 10 pounds. I had a point in my life where it was killer hard to put on weight then a day came where i noticed i had gained 10 pounds and it turned out to be solid muscle, over time. I was about your age as well. So that 10 pounds will most likely be added naturally just keep working out and you'll be in good shape bud.:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts