Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Give me the GT-R allllllllllll day long. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

$118,520 - ZR1
$$80,770 - GT-R

ZR1
We try every method possible to get the car out of the hole quickly — slipping the clutch, modulating the throttle and various combinations of both. The result is a best 0-60-mph time of 3.8 seconds (3.5 seconds with 1 foot of rollout like on a drag strip) and a quarter-mile time of 11.5 seconds at 128.3 mph.

GT-R
Launching the 2009 Nissan GT-R is a no-brainer thanks to its electronic launch control system. Set the switches to their appropriate positions, hold the brake, let the engine speed come up and let it rip. After a few consistent runs, our best time from zero to 60 mph is 3.8 seconds (3.5 seconds with 1 foot of rollout like on a drag strip). The quarter-mile goes by in 11.8 seconds at 118.6 mph. These are mighty respectable numbers for an $80K street car, and more important they're numbers that are easily repeatable.

Wow, $40,000 for .3 seconds in the quarter. Lame. And fukk drag racing. That shitt is boring as hell. It's all about actually DRIVING. Ya know where you don't go in a straight line.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
So where does that leave the 2009 Nissan GT-R? It'll be just fine, we suspect. It delivers similar performance in a package that's far less intimidating and infinitely more usable. Sure, the ZR1 has the capability on the track, but exploiting that performance on the street is another matter. This Corvette will blow anything out of the water in a straight line, but on a twisty mountain road all that power is difficult to harness.

And don't forget, Nissan has more in store for the GT-R when it comes to performance with the upcoming V-Spec model.

·
Greatest of all times
1,006 Posts
That video is clearly made by Vette fanboys. Trust me , in all the reviews , even amateurs could reach 0/60 in 3.4 seconds with the launch control.
And on the track.. Sorry but on the nurburgring , what`s the time of the zr1 ? which understears sooo much... No traction control , no nothing.

GT-R all the way.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Straight line:confused:????
Didn't the vette out do it in every step of the way, Braking and the turns?
I would blame it on lack or reading comprehension. But it was a video So I guess it's listening comprehension.

Also why bash the Vette? its a great Car
and yes the Nissan is also a great car just not a Vette!!

all jokes aside i would take the Nissan it would a nice family car. but if i was going to buy a "sports" car it would be the Vette.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Neither are all that practical but if I had to choose it would be the vette. I'm more of an american muscle car guy but never been to fond of vettes. They both are nice. I see an argument for either one. Both have their pros and cons. I think I'll just save the 30-60k and get me a new camaro z28 or ss when they come out in 2010 and modify it to around 450-500 hp. Shouldnt be to hard at all with the standard 400 it'll come with ( Longtube headers, non catted x with true dual dumps, ported t/b and maf, modified intake and a good tune and your looking at around 475 most likely). I'll be getting the 6sp auto with preferably 3.73 gears if they offer them.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Neither are all that practical but if I had to choose it would be the vette. I'm more of an american muscle car guy but never been to fond of vettes. They both are nice. I see an argument for either one. Both have their pros and cons. I think I'll just save the 30-60k and get me a new camaro z28 or ss when they come out in 2010 and modify it to around 450-500 hp. Shouldnt be to hard at all with the standard 400 it'll come with ( Longtube headers, non catted x with true dual dumps, ported t/b and maf, modified intake and a good tune and your looking at around 475 most likely). I'll be getting the 6sp auto with preferably 3.73 gears if they offer them.
It’s a 2010 car not a 1988 No MAF speed density or some ship like that and most likely a reprogrammed ECM and some fuel pressure would do the trick for a daily driver
BTW my Cuz is on a local dealer's waiting list for one. I can't wait to see this car.

hey shane whats up?
you know i posted this just for you.:D
How much does the Nissan weigh?

·
Greatest of all times
1,006 Posts
tysonjones , you say both have their cons. what is skylines con` ?
that`s cheaper , that`s faster on 0-60 , that has that incredible traction control and that gearbox that the vette has not ?
that you can drive it on snow , that you can drive it anywehere , anytime ? That the materials quality are way better ?

we should even don`t compare this cars , because the corvette gives almost the same performance from a <b>6.2l</b> engine. And the skyline from an 3.8 ...

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that`s cheaper , that`s faster on 0-60 , that has that incredible traction control and that gearbox that the vette has not ?
that you can drive it on snow , that you can drive it anywehere , anytime ? That the materials quality are way better ?

we should even don`t compare this cars , because the corvette gives almost the same performance from a <b>6.2l<b> engine. And the skyline from an 3.8 ...

All this as a virgin out of the showroom?????
Post up a link id like to check it out.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts

we should even don`t compare this cars , because the corvette gives almost the same performance from a <b>6.2l</b> engine. And the skyline from an 3.8 ...
Is that your argument, The skyline can drive on snow because of traction control? Why the hell would you want to drive a 70,000 car on snow. My toys never see the freaking rain. I avoided even posting in this thread because I knew there would be someone that knew absolutely nothing about cars and he or she would like to argue about something. You don't want to debate anything "carlike" with me bud. We'll leave it at that.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
It’s a 2010 car not a 1988 No MAF speed density or some ship like that and most likely a reprogrammed ECM and some fuel pressure would do the trick for a daily driver
BTW my Cuz is on a local dealer's waiting list for one. I can't wait to see this car.

hey shane whats up?
Yeah, I'm on the waitting list too. 1988 mafs? All my cars have mass air flow sensors except the 83 ta. Yeah, you can get them electrically tuned out but thats alot of trouble for things than can tolerate a ton of power stock. I'm sure the 2010 Camaro will have a MAFS. I'm almost positive of it. We can bet if you'd like. Even the 2009 Corvette z06 I was recently looking at had a MAFS.

·
Greatest of all times
1,006 Posts
man , the part with the traction control... I wanted to say.. I can drive that car , even if outside it rains , it snows and I need to take my boy from kindergarden...
And yes ,I`ll have no worries about sliping on the road , like rear traction cars..

But ok, let`s end this here , maybe you like too much american cars and I like too much things that offer me high performance and high quality at half the price.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

hey shane whats up?
Yeah I knew you were poking at me! LOL

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, I'm on the waitting list too. 1988 mafs? All my cars have mass air flow sensors except the 83 ta. Yeah, you can get them electrically tuned out but thats alot of trouble for things than can tolerate a ton of power stock. I'm sure the 2010 Camaro will have a MAFS. I'm almost positive of it. We can bet if you'd like. Even the 2009 Corvette z06 I was recently looking at had a MAFS.
Duhhhh:confused:

Dude you are right they do have a MAF. I made the mistake of assuming that they went the way of speed density instead of MAF.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don`t understand this sentence. Sorry , if you could tell me what means, in other way, maybe I`ll put some links.
I`m not perfect with english, sorry.
Does the car perform as you say in 100% stock and to stock specs? (on touched like a virgin)

You do realize that with bolt ons and tuning you can get some extra power from that Vette.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is that your argument, The skyline can drive on snow because of traction control? Why the hell would you want to drive a 70,000 car on snow. My toys never see the freaking rain. I avoided even posting in this thread because I knew there would be someone that knew absolutely nothing about cars and he or she would like to argue about something. You don't want to debate anything "carlike" with me bud. We'll leave it at that.
Lighten up Dude. Its not his fault he doesn't know anything about cars he likes imports that says it all. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts