Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this movie today at the first showing. This is the best movie that I have seen this year, and that is why I didn't put it in the movies thread. I WANT PEOPLE TO ACTUALLY SEE THIS!! If you guys have never heard of the Coen brothers, they are two brothers who make perfect movies. This movie has one of the most chilling characters who is a killing machine. Have you ever seen a movie where you just couldn't forget one of the characters for months? This is that kind of movie. Tommy Lee Jones, Woody Harrelson, and the killer are amazing. I recommend that everyone who reads this try to see this movie. I will give you 50K points if you honestly do not like it. NCFOM gets a 9/10. AMAZING:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
That movie looks sweat shane, the killer looks just like i would picture a phscyo. Is it a horror film or just a good movie with alot of action. Woody is one of my favorite actors.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TysonJones said:
That movie looks sweat shane, the killer looks just like i would picture a phscyo. Is it a horror film or just a good movie with alot of action. Woody is one of my favorite actors.
It is an action thriller. The killer, Javier Bardem, is one of my favorite actors that nobody knows. Woody harrelson is badass in this movie. It comes out everywhere the 23rd. I am going to go see it again probably twice. It is that good.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I saw previews for this and it looks pretty damn good. Cant wait to check it out. Thanks for the review Shane, I'll be sure to let you know what I thought of it.

On a side note, have you guys seen previews for a) I am Legend (Will Smiths new movie) and b) Rambo
?

Two movies I must see. I am Legend looks to be FANTASTIC.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Wow shane you realli like this one :O guess ill go see it next time i dont have practice, ill post my thoughts when ive seen it.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brutus said:
Wow shane you realli like this one :O guess ill go see it next time i dont have practice, ill post my thoughts when ive seen it.
Well first of all the Coen brothers are the best film makers of the recent generation. Second, this movie is nearly perfect.

Steve,

I saw the previews for Legend, but for some reason it doesn't look like my cup of tea although I will probably see it. And I died laughing when I saw the preview for Rambo. Come on now.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Well first of all the Coen brothers are the best film makers of the recent generation. Second, this movie is nearly perfect.

Steve,

I saw the previews for Legend, but for some reason it doesn't look like my cup of tea although I will probably see it. And I died laughing when I saw the preview for Rambo. Come on now.
I have to see Rambo just for the sheer gaul it takes to put that movie out with Sly. Thats one of the ballsy moves of all time right there.

The first previews I saw of I am Legend looked cool, but the more in depth one I saw when I recently hit the theatre made my mind up instantly. It looks like the real deal.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Captainobvious said:
I have to see Rambo just for the sheer gaul it takes to put that movie out with Sly. Thats one of the ballsy moves of all time right there.

The first previews I saw of I am Legend looked cool, but the more in depth one I saw when I recently hit the theatre made my mind up instantly. It looks like the real deal.
I agree that it takes hella balls to drop a Rambo remake/sequel. I just can't see that movie not sucking.

I am Legend does look kind of cool, but I just got tired of the whole "the world is ending" kind of movies a few years ago. If someone came out with something totally against the grain and innovative I would check it out. I am Legend looks to have a lot of theories from 12 Monkeys.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
"the world is ending" are problaby my favourite kind of movies, i dont know why but i love all of those movies, War of the worlds, sign(altough its not ending it looks like it for a short period of time :D) but altough im not expecting much from Legend im gonna go see it and hope to be amazed :d

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
it looks like it may be some sort of vampire movie. They talk about a "virus" and will smith locking himself in at night. The "things" that come after him are extremely fast and strong, but dont really come out during the day.

Could be a killer bad-ass vampire movie.
Or maybe not.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
im with ya brutus, i love those kind of movies. anything that hs to do with the world in danger is great in my mind, those kidn of movies seem to never disappoint. The only one i didnt quite like much was armaggedon and even though i did like it, it had to many cheesy parts in it with the lovy dovy ****. I am legend is the movie i am most excited about, along with the new one with dwayne johnson and sean william scott. Both of these look to be awesome action films.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TysonJones said:
im with ya brutus, i love those kind of movies. anything that hs to do with the world in danger is great in my mind, those kidn of movies seem to never disappoint. The only one i didnt quite like much was armaggedon and even though i did like it, it had to many cheesy parts in it with the lovy dovy ****. I am legend is the movie i am most excited about, along with the new one with dwayne johnson and sean william scott. Both of these look to be awesome action films.
An action movie with the ROCK and Stiffler? HAHA:thumbsup:

No Country for Old Men comes out one week from today, and I will be disappointed if anyone of you guys misses it! YOU WILL BE REPRIMANDED!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
An action movie with the ROCK and Stiffler? HAHA:thumbsup:

No Country for Old Men comes out one week from today, and I will be disappointed if anyone of you guys misses it! YOU WILL BE REPRIMANDED!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
Fine, I'll see that if you see I am Legend...deal ?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Deal my man. Lance, I will drag myself to see that movie with Stiffler and the Rock if you go see NCFOM. Deal?

Ok, I'll see it only if my 12 year old brother wants to see it, and it is a $4 matinee.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BUMP.........

10K points to anyone who has less than 75K and sees this movie. Don't try any tricks guys. I have questions that can not be answered from reviews. :)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TysonJones said:
You have a deal shane!!
Fantastic. If you don't like this movie (HONESTLY) let me know, and I'll send you whatever you paid for a ticket!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.