Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any where i go ask for help on the speed bag and nobody replies wtf
that stuff is hard and is a point where i need the most help when should i move to a smaller bag just started on speed bag 4 days ago and im nailing it now but when i hit harder it gets a little out of control but it just won't move fast enough its a large everlast bag lil help plz:dunno:

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
The faster you can go the better. Is your speedbag mounted on a solid platform with a high-quality ball bearing swivel? A quality swivel and a solid/dense platform for it to rebound off of make a HUGE difference in the speed that the bag will move. If your good in that department, then read on.
You may be able to hit the bag successfully with one arm, or maybe the other, but can you switch back and forth fluidly? Can you hit the bag 1-2-3 times with your left and switch to 1-2-3 times with your right and so on with higher or lower number of repetitions, without skipping a beat on the speedbag? (Like 2 hits with the left, then 1 hit with the right, and so on)If you have mastered doing that with the size bag you are on, than you should move on to a medium size, or small size bag and go form there.
The smaller the bag, the faster it is going to move, and the more coordination and speed are needed to use it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. We dont abandon our forum members here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Captainobvious99 said:
The faster you can go the better. Is your speedbag mounted on a solid platform with a high-quality ball bearing swivel? A quality swivel and a solid/dense platform for it to rebound off of make a HUGE difference in the speed that the bag will move. If your good in that department, then read on.
You may be able to hit the bag successfully with one arm, or maybe the other, but can you switch back and forth fluidly? Can you hit the bag 1-2-3 times with your left and switch to 1-2-3 times with your right and so on with higher or lower number of repetitions, without skipping a beat on the speedbag? (Like 2 hits with the left, then 1 hit with the right, and so on)If you have mastered doing that with the size bag you are on, than you should move on to a medium size, or small size bag and go form there.
The smaller the bag, the faster it is going to move, and the more coordination and speed are needed to use it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. We dont abandon our forum members here.
thanks cap thats the best advice ive gotten actually my platform is not solid and i don't have a good quality swivel but i can do all those things you said

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Excellent. Glad I could help. If you have any questions about where to get that stuff, or if you need to solidify your platform, let me know. By the way, what type of platform do you have? Does it moun to the wall, or is it part of one of those combo gyms?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it mounts to the wall i would like to make it sturdier though i am already planning to get a new swivel

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Hand and eye coordination, and endurance. Its acctually pretty hard to just keep hitting it for 3 or 4 rounds. I personally find it boring, and don't hit as much as I should, but when I hit it, I'm decent at it. My problem is, when I have a real good one going, and I mess up, I know that I'm gonna be bad at it the rest of the round.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I find its also a really good way to "warm up" your shoulders and rotator cuffs before going full speed on the heavy bag. Its much easier to get injured if you dont use the speedbag first.

But it also is a good shoulder workout, and as Bill said, its great for hand/eye coordination.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts