Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ..
its my first time here in the forum and i am really happy and hope to be a friend of you

.. i am gonna start boxing lessons in a few days
i have no problem with getting injured i had alot of broken bones and real body injures when i used to do bodybuilding .. but actually i am kinda afraid of injury that may cause deformeties like nose or jaw fracture or that may cause crippling ( for work issues ) ..

i heard that nose must be fractured in the training and the cartilage must be removed or so that may cause severe deformety

so??

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Well Phoenix welcome to the site, don't be to scared of getting a broken nose. Broken bones are a part of boxing espeicualy the nose because you will get punched in the nose and it will hurt... A lot. I personaly started boxing training 9 months ago and really enjoyed it. Keep your hands up, snap the jab, and duck, if you do all of these things the first time you go into the ring you should be fine. I don't mean to scare you but the key word is "should". :thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
when a fighter has any doubt in himself thats when he'll get hurt, see how you do sparring that will tell you if you have the heart for the fight game.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tommygunn said:
when a fighter has any doubt in himself thats when he'll get hurt, see how you do sparring that will tell you if you have the heart for the fight game.
lol .. its not about the heart i already told you that i got injured too much and i TOTALY dont care :dunno: .. and i am going to be a boxer whether it hurts or not .. the matter is i just dont like surprizes .. broken nose is gonna give me a saddle nose or not its that simple if yes so its also ok i still dont care but its about that i dont get any thing that i didnt expect:cheeky4:

thank you all :D

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
you seem to be confident and thats a good thing you also seem to be determined to succed. ive had 47 fights winning 31 ive won my last 7 and have sparred with a former british hw champ i plan to turn pro within 18 months so the advice i can give you starting out is train hard, hone your skills and eat the right food.

on the injury note all i can advise you to do is protect yourself at all times, injuries can happen at any given time and can be through no fault of your own i.e an elbow or butt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tommygunn said:
you seem to be confident and thats a good thing you also seem to be determined to succed. ive had 47 fights winning 31 ive won my last 7 and have sparred with a former british hw champ i plan to turn pro within 18 months so the advice i can give you starting out is train hard, hone your skills and eat the right food.

on the injury note all i can advise you to do is protect yourself at all times, injuries can happen at any given time and can be through no fault of your own i.e an elbow or butt.

wow thats great i wish you the best :thumbsup:
and thanx alot for the advice
C ya (may be in the ring one day):D

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Tommygunn basiclay said it all for you, when you get more advanced obviously you will need more advice, but for the next 3-4 months that will be fine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts