Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, as I've said before, I've been sparring with some friends lately. I've been lifting alot, and running a bit too. I was thinking of joining a boxing gym or something soon, and I was hoping I'd get some advice.
I'm currently 17 years old, and weighing 140 pounds. I know there are quite a few people that have been boxing since they were young, so I was thinking it may be a bit to late for me to join a boxing gym. There are quite a few gyms around here, about 3 or so, but I wanted to get a little advice from people here before I took my time to try any boxing gyms.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I started at 17 too. As long as you're serious about it and you're ready to train hard then it doesn't matter. Nate Campbell started at 24 and became world champion. You gotta be ready to learn a lot about the sweet science. Ask everyone at the gym for advice, spar with more experienced guys and watch a lot of fights. Also I suggest to lift less and run more. Find a good gym and tell us how it goes.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Hey everybody, as I've said before, I've been sparring with some friends lately. I've been lifting alot, and running a bit too. I was thinking of joining a boxing gym or something soon, and I was hoping I'd get some advice.
I'm currently 17 years old, and weighing 140 pounds. I know there are quite a few people that have been boxing since they were young, so I was thinking it may be a bit to late for me to join a boxing gym. There are quite a few gyms around here, about 3 or so, but I wanted to get a little advice from people here before I took my time to try any boxing gyms.
I'm 27 and just now starting to get back into. You got your whole life to get into it and your young enough to get in boxing shape and really take off if you want to. I'm just about out of time myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, it helps hearing it rom more experienced boxers I guess. I guess I'll call around to see what these gyms charge, and maybe go try a few of them out and see how they are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts