Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Novembers UK vs USA - Who wins?

Joe Calzaghe has predicted that the UK will triumph in November 3-0 over the USA in the 3 big fights.

November 8: Joe Calzaghe vs Roy Jones Jnr - Madison Square Garden, New York City
November 15: David Haye vs Monte Barrett - O2 Arena (Millenium Dome), Greenwich, London,
November 22nd: Ricky Hatton vs Paul Mallignaggi - MGM Grand, Las Vegas

How do you see the final score and who will win the fights?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For me I see it as a straight forward 3-0 to the UK

Roy Jones is so shot its a joke and even a Calzaghe with badly damaded, brittle hands will force a stoppage. Jones doesn't have the legs to get out of the way and Calzaghe has superb handspeed and timing.
Even though Joe is faded himself - this is a mismatch and a nice fat retirement cheque for Joe.

Haye will KO Barrett as soon as he catches him flush. Haye is faster and bigger and Barrett while still a decent heavy, has often relied on his sound boxing and decentish movement to keep him away from trouble. He won't be able to escape from the lightning quick Haye.

Hatton should beat Malignaggi in an uneventful affair. Malignaggi will move and hold - Hatton will stalk and hit in the holds. I think Rickys forward motion will wear down Malignaggi to a fair if unspectacular points win.

G

·
The only UK guy that I could see losing is Hatton. If Hatton doesn't come in in better fighting shape and with a better mindset than when he fought Lazcano, look for a tactical Malignaggi victory.

G

·
I see things exactly the same way. Calzaghe-Jones is a mismatch whether people want to believe it or not. If there is going to be an upset it's most likely coming from Las Vegas. It's not going to be pretty and Malignaggi could nick it on the cards. My order of most likely upsets goes like this...

1. Malignaggi over Hatton
2. Barrett over Haye
3. Jones over Calzaghe

If Jones is able to put in a prime performance then I'll give him all the respect in the world. But he won't, and when Calzaghe wins hate on this forum will muliply to ridiculous levels. 46-0 ;)

·
Keeping it real
3,621 Posts
The only UK guy that I could see losing is Hatton. If Hatton doesn't come in in better fighting shape and with a better mindset than when he fought Lazcano, look for a tactical Malignaggi victory.
I agree,i think hatton is the only one in danger of losing out of the 3.

·
Keeping it real
3,621 Posts
I see things exactly the same way. Calzaghe-Jones is a mismatch whether people want to believe it or not. If there is going to be an upset it's most likely coming from Las Vegas. It's not going to be pretty and Malignaggi could nick it on the cards. My order of most likely upsets goes like this...

1. Malignaggi over Hatton
2. Barrett over Haye
3. Jones over Calzaghe

If Jones is able to put in a prime performance then I'll give him all the respect in the world. But he won't, and when Calzaghe wins hate on this forum will muliply to ridiculous levels. 46-0 ;)
Really? i think everyone will give credit to calzaghe!

yeah right!lmao :laugh:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
It should be 3-0 UK, but im not all that sure. Calzaghe worries me because im just not sure if hes 100% focused on this fight, he seems to be talking alot about retirement and i don't know if hes underestimating Jones (who can still cause him problems). Hatton is pretty much done now, Paulie has looked awful lately but if he can regain his form from 3-4 fights ago he could give Hatton nightmares. Im near 100% confident Haye stops Barrett, pretty early too.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Should be 3-0 to UK.

Jones is shot, Calzaghe can still throw enough punches to win comfortably but I have a sneak feeling Jones may win on points. Calzaghe will NOT get knocked out, his chin is underrated. He has heart aswell, his undefeated record isn't going for ****. Calzaghe should win, but I can see Jones stealing it with a close UD.

Haye knocks out Barrett. A lot of people question whether Haye can take a punch or not. He's going to get knocked out, but not by Barrett.

Hatton beats Maliganaggi. People seem to be underestimating Hatton here. Maliganaggi is a good boxer, but he's looked awful since Cotto. Hatton wins a comfortable UD here, Maliganaggi can't hurt Hatton, and won't knock him out.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Hatton beats Maliganaggi. People seem to be underestimating Hatton here. Maliganaggi is a good boxer, but he's looked awful since Cotto. Hatton wins a comfortable UD here, Maliganaggi can't hurt Hatton, and won't knock him out.
The Hatton that got knocked out by M********* beats the best possible Malignaggi. Yes, even the one that survived Cotto, believe it or not.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Here's my order of most likely upsets:
Jones over Calzaghe
Malignaggi over Hatton
Barrett over Haye

I can see one of these upsets happening, but it should be 3-0.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts