3.Bernard Hopkins - 129
4.Shane Mosley - 120
5.Miguel Cotto - 79
6.Israel Vasquez - 63
7.Paul Williams - 59
8.Nonito Donaire - 54
9.Rafael Marquez - 36
10.Chad Dawson - 26

Honorable Mention: Ivan Calderon and Wladimir Klitschko.

Note: Floyd Mayweather tied for 10th but only recieved 3 votes.

Voting resumes Sep.1

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Marquez and Vasquez will be leaving my next P4P list and if I didn't have Calderon on my last one then he'll be entering my next one.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I really am surprised at how many people still have Marquez and Vasquez still on their lists. Most everyone in fact.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
It was a brutal trilogy, they earned the right to a long layoff IMO but rules are rules and they shouldn't be around much longer (list wise).

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
It was a brutal trilogy, they earned the right to a long layoff IMO but rules are rules and they shouldn't be around much longer (list wise).
What rules? Rafael had a fight recently. And has another one set. He should remain on the list

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
That lists a joke IMO, neither Williams or Dawson deserve to be near a P4P list.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
That lists a joke IMO, neither Williams or Dawson deserve to be near a P4P list.
Both of them deserve. Dawson beat better opposition than Ricky Hatton did (aside from Tszyu) before being moved onto the P4P list. Pavlik became a P4P fighter because he beat Taylor (x2) and Miranda. Dawson beat Adamek, Tarver (x2), Johnson and Harding.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Both of them deserve. Dawson beat better opposition than Ricky Hatton did (aside from Tszyu) before being moved onto the P4P list. Pavlik became a P4P fighter because he beat Taylor (x2) and Miranda. Dawson beat Adamek, Tarver (x2), Johnson and Harding.
Pea that makes no sense, he beat better opposition than Hatton with the exception of Kostya? Ricky did beat Kostya though so i dont get your point. :dunno:

Calderon, Caballero and even Wlad deserve the spot more. Hell, id even have Carl Froch on before them and i dont even think he's deserving or like him.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Pea that makes no sense, he beat better opposition than Hatton with the exception of Kostya? Ricky did beat Kostya though so i dont get your point. :dunno:

Calderon, Caballero and even Wlad deserve the spot more. Hell, id even have Carl Froch on before them and i dont even think he's deserving or like him.
I'm saying all of the people I listed are better opposition than Hatton beat to get on the P4P list save for Kostya, who was P4P ranked #3.

How can you say that Dawson isn't deserving? He beat Tarver twice, Johnson, the best CW in the world Tomasz Adamek and Eric Harding. This is the same Harding that beat Tarver, Griffin, Judah and David Telesco. Dawson has beaten some solid fighters.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14

Because Calderon and Caballero have beat far better opposition than Chad Dawson and Paul Williams. :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Because Calderon and Caballero have beat far better opposition than Chad Dawson and Paul Williams. :facepalm:
Yeah but Cabalero looked like krap in his last fight..

Another thing I'm surprised is Miguel Cotto being ranked as high as #5, and Joshua Clottey, whom he barely beat doesnt even appear in the honorable mention.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah but Cabalero looked like krap in his last fight..

Another thing I'm surprised is Miguel Cotto being ranked as high as #5, and Joshua Clottey, whom he barely beat doesnt even appear in the honorable mention.
I was being sarcastic. Caballero's opposition is not so great.

A win is a win is a win. If Clottey had won that fight he'd prob be in the 5-7 range.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I'm saying all of the people I listed are better opposition than Hatton beat to get on the P4P list save for Kostya, who was P4P ranked #3.

How can you say that Dawson isn't deserving? He beat Tarver twice, Johnson, the best CW in the world Tomasz Adamek and Eric Harding. This is the same Harding that beat Tarver, Griffin, Judah and David Telesco. Dawson has beaten some solid fighters.
With the exception of Adamek (who was weight drained by the way) how many of these fighters were relivent P4P wise?

Tarver and Johnson dont get you on P4P lists these days, Dawson didn't even beat Johnson. :laugh:

Id have Sawson on it before Williams though, Williams being on any list is a joke IMO. I'm not saying he's a bad fighter but he's not done enough.

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
With the exception of Adamek (who was weight drained by the way) how many of these fighters were relivent P4P wise?

Tarver and Johnson dont get you on P4P lists these days, Dawson didn't even beat Johnson. :laugh:

Id have Sawson on it before Williams though, Williams being on any list is a joke IMO. I'm not saying he's a bad fighter but he's not done enough.
If Tarver and Johnson don't get you on the P4P list, tell me who on Caballero's resume gets him on???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts