Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maccarinelli-Haye is on!
WBO cruiserweight champion Enzo Maccarinelli (28-1, 21 KOs) and WBC/WBA cruiser king David Haye (20-1, 19 KOs)will meet on March 8 at a site to be determined. Haye had been expected to move to heavyweight, but has instead decided to "bend over backwards" to make the all British unification clash happen. Promoter Frank Warren has confirmed the bout and that all three titles will be on the line. Setanta Sports will televise the fight live in the UK.

Fightnews.com

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm surprised to say the least.

Now Haye can knock Enzo out and move up without people bitching about the fight he didn't take.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Should be a great fight. Im gonna go with Haye based on his boxing skills, but if Enzo will land its good night for Haye.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
great fight!!

i like both guys but im taking enzo to ko haye in this one.

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
YES!!!

the omens are good!

maccarinelli is more comfortable at cruiser than haye is

and the last time a WBO belt holder from team calzaghe fought a WBA/WBC champion, he won! ;)

the venue will be interesting, hope it will be in cardiff and not london, although Bristol or manchester could be possible as its a big english city close to the welsh border

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think Haye will take anywhere near wales to be honest. He's the champ and he'll want a slightly favourable setting, maybe east end of London, maybe Wembley arena. Macca's gonna have to box very smart to avoid the power of haye, but Haye's stamina will be the question and enzo's won't seeing as he's part of team Calzaghe and they pride themselvs on their stamina.

Still, Haye for me.

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
who has the most power?

i know that enzo has a killer punch if he can pull it off, but its a body shot he's got mostly, if he can target haye's chin he's got a very good chance

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think Haye has more power, but it may just look that way because he delivers his punches faster. Neither guy can take a clean shot from the other IMO so this is going to be very interesting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi. it's my first post here ,i'm pleased to join you.
this has the chance to be one of the bigest uk fights in the last 10 years ,or since the golden days of benn + eubank

both lads can bang and both have been down ,i hope no one is caught cold ,the pre fight build up is going to be enormous and the fight will probably take place in London.
for me its the nuturally bigger haye but if enzo does him then it will be fantastic

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
i think big enzo by KO although they are both massive guys with alot of power. I think this one is a whoever lands first wins. This is going to be a war and i can see enzo coming out the winner

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Haye will be too big and strong for Enzo, Haye is at 209lbs now so there is no need to shed 30lbs of muscle this time he'll much better. Haye BRUTAL KO inside 4 rounds.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
This should me a good fight but im going with Haye.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.