Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 2496 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Ricky Hatton has talked nonstop about fighting me for the last two weeks," says 'retired' WBC welterweight/super welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather. "He has disrespected me and my accomplishments in the ring, and I take that very seriously. I'm going to give him the opportunity to step up and fight the best in the world. I don't think this punk will take the challenge." A potential bout against Hatton would set the stage for a match-up between two of the sports best undefeated fighters. With his win over Castillo, Hatton improved his record to 43-0 with 31 KO's. Mayweather is 38-0 with 24 KO's. "Now that Hatton has opened up his big mouth, he might start to think about what he has been asking for," continued Mayweather. "Does he really want to step into the ring with best fighter of this era and embarrass himself? Being the coward that he is, I doubt he'll get in the ring. We'll see what his excuse will be this time."

source - fightnews.com

I dont see this posted anywhere but if it is im sorry :D

Well im really suprised, i dont really think Hatton can beat him and i think Cotto stands a better change but im suprised that Mayweather will take his challange :D In a good way tho ;)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
well your using more of your oppinon as your figures. jones usually got 70 30 or 60 40, and he always deserved it. He was the best fighter of his era and no one would step up to the plate. He was the undisputed lhw champ. NO way he deserved any less that what he made. hatton is the one that wants floyd an dfloyd is the one with the belts and floyd is the 1 p4p in the world today. Floyd deserves 70 30, hatton has to win this fight if he wants that kind of money.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
well your using more of your oppinon as your figures. jones usually got 70 30 or 60 40, and he always deserved it. He was the best fighter of his era and no one would step up to the plate. He was the undisputed lhw champ. NO way he deserved any less that what he made. hatton is the one that wants floyd an dfloyd is the one with the belts and floyd is the 1 p4p in the world today. Floyd deserves 70 30, hatton has to win this fight if he wants that kind of money.
both are regarded as super champions, so the fight would be champion v champion. floyd does deserve the bigger money but not 70-30, id say 60-40 is very fair to both guys.

by the way, london is being talked about as the venu for the fight.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
60 40 is what i woudl always like to see between 2 stars, with the more money going to the higher ranked guy or the champ. i'd rather see it over here in las vegas or something. I dont think anyone is getting robbed, i think vegas judges will like hattons style just as much as they like floyds.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
There is already a thread about this. Also, there is no way in hell the fight will be anywhere other than Vegas.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Hatton wants to fight against October-November time, if PBF cant make it for that time then Hatton will fight Malignaggi at MSG

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
those numbers are pure bs 70/30 you must be nutz or a blind fanatic.

PBF VS RH should go 60/40 to the winner or 60/40 RH
RH is and Will be the big cash cow
for any one to think PBF can pull more money then RH

PLEASE WAKE UP

after the last this apointing PBF fights (to the general public)
PBF Needs Hatton more then Hatton needs PBF.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
listen, hatton made 2.5 million in his last fight against castillo. mayweather made 20 m against oscar, he got the small end of the stick on that one. If your going to fight the best in the sprot, you gotta sacrific money. Hatton is no cash cow yet, if he beats mayweather ( yeah right ) then he will be huge. But not yet. they will never do a 60 40 winner. floyd will get 60/40 or 70/30. Dave you speak with emotion, not with logic.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
TysonJones said:
listen, hatton made 2.5 million in his last fight against castillo. mayweather made 20 m against oscar, he got the small end of the stick on that one. If your going to fight the best in the sprot, you gotta sacrific money. Hatton is no cash cow yet, if he beats mayweather ( yeah right ) then he will be huge. But not yet. they will never do a 60 40 winner. floyd will get 60/40 or 70/30. Dave you speak with emotion, not with logic.
I agree 100%. Woop woop Floyd easy UD over copycat Fatton.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
OK guys you win
Even if the people buy to see RH the money should go to PBF. I give up.

Now PPV should have an option that when you buy it (PPV) you pick the fighter that you want to see OR you pick the fighter for witch you just purchased the PPV event.
That would really be simple. And it would give the fighter his due.
Now please tell me how terrible of an idea that is.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
ricky hattons promoter dennis hobson has sent an official offer of $12m to floyd mayweather to fight ricky at wembley stadium in london england. on top of the 12m floyd will recieve a cut of the 60.000 tickets sold and a huge chunk of PPV money which could take his grand total to over $20m.

hobson also stated the fight can be made around 3am over here so it can be showen prime time in the US.

floyd wont make $20m against anyone except oscar and ricky, ricky could just be the biggest draw in boxing now behind the goldenboy, floyd can only dream of being on these guys cash drawing levels.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
tommygunn said:
ricky hattons promoter dennis hobson has sent an official offer of $12m to floyd mayweather to fight ricky at wembley stadium in london england. on top of the 12m floyd will recieve a cut of the 60.000 tickets sold and a huge chunk of PPV money which could take his grand total to over $20m.

hobson also stated the fight can be made around 3am over here so it can be showen prime time in the US.

floyd wont make $20m against anyone except oscar and ricky, ricky could just be the biggest draw in boxing now behind the goldenboy, floyd can only dream of being on these guys cash drawing levels.
you are THE MAN.

this morning i was called dumb for a similar statement.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
They made this offer after floyd said he would never fight in the uk. Althought i think 12 m is as good as its gonna get for floyd unless its delahoya II. I think he beats hatton no matter where they fight, but i thihnk the money wont be a huge problem. the place they fight may be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im about tired of mayweahter dodgeig my man Shane Mosley. Hatton and Cotto are great fighters never lost a fight, but everybody knows Mosely is the toughest fight out there and thats why Mayweather is making these excuses. Hatton or cotto steps in the ring with mosley he would tko them both. They both are fighters that are aggressive like to stay in your face throw combinations. Thats not how u win with shane mosley. RUmors say Mayweather did offer mosley a deal but he knew mosely was moving down in weight and never would of fought him at that time. Mosely and mayweather thats the fight we want to see. But then again hatton and cotto can fight him i would love to see him take both of those belts.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
TysonJones said:
They made this offer after floyd said he would never fight in the uk. Althought i think 12 m is as good as its gonna get for floyd unless its delahoya II. I think he beats hatton no matter where they fight, but i thihnk the money wont be a huge problem. the place they fight may be.
Good one Dude:cheeky4:
Duckweather at his best.:D

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
lol com eon dave, be serious for once , as for this newbee, welcome man but floyd wouldnt even get credit if he knocked out shane mosley, people would say he got old overnight or he was shot and the only people he has beat lately is a semi good fighter in collazo and a shot vargas. I to would like to see him fight mosley, but that wouldnt draw near the money as cotto and hatton and right now they ar emuch bigger in the eyes of many than mosley. oh and welcome.

1 - 20 of 2496 Posts