Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally I think both should hang them up, and this is a toss up fight for me now after seeing both of them stink it up in their last fights. This fight will be takign place soon on showtime from what I hear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
TysonJones said:
Personally I think both should hang them up, and this is a toss up fight for me now after seeing both of them stink it up in their last fights. This fight will be takign place soon on showtime from what I hear.
jeff should have 1 more tune up

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Jeff looked terrible last night, there were stories of him having flashbacks to Calzaghe when sparring which is very worrying. I hope Lacy gets the KO, but i think Tarver will eek out a boring UD.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah, i think that if Manfredo wouldnt have been kncoked down in the 4th he might have won that fight cause after that he kinda got scared, Lacy is garbage imo and tarver is aswell.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Lacy is shot. He's done. That surgery took his power away. He showed nothing against Manfredo. And Manfredo is garbage. I think Tarver out-boxes him easily in 12 boring ass rounds

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
lacy should've been a star, he had the looks, the power and the prospect of being a terrifying boxer

he came in for calzaghe too confident and got his ass kicked. he shouldve prepared better

i genuinly think calzaghe's given him mental blocks to this day thas not letting him pull out all the stops, he seems a shadow of his former self!

wouldnt bother about this fight happening, tarver is over the hill, and it doesnt look like lacy's gonna do much for the sport in years to come, HOWEVER whoever wins will have the other name on his resume and could land a bigger fight, i wouldnt like to see either fighting kessler though, they'd get demolished!

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
ioan_gwil said:
lacy should've been a star, he had the looks, the power and the prospect of being a terrifying boxer

he came in for calzaghe too confident and got his ass kicked. he shouldve prepared better

i genuinly think calzaghe's given him mental blocks to this day thas not letting him pull out all the stops, he seems a shadow of his former self!

wouldnt bother about this fight happening, tarver is over the hill, and it doesnt look like lacy's gonna do much for the sport in years to come, HOWEVER whoever wins will have the other name on his resume and could land a bigger fight, i wouldnt like to see either fighting kessler though, they'd get demolished!
If you look at Lacy's fight against Omar Shieka and Syd Vanderpool you can see he was overrated. I think Lacy would of got beat by any of the top 168 fighters. Calzaghe just got to him first.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Violent Demise said:
If you look at Lacy's fight against Omar Shieka and Syd Vanderpool you can see he was overrated. I think Lacy would of got beat by any of the top 168 fighters. Calzaghe just got to him first.
he destroyed reid in 7 rounds so i wouldn't say that.

calzaghe ruined the next mike tyson, thats what he was billed as wasn't he?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I was very disapointed with Lacy v Manfredo, I wont show any keen interest on a fight with Tarver.

Tarver by UD imo

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Lacy just proved even more what i've been saying about him. He is nothing but a ESPN fighter. He barely beat the Contender runner up. If it wasnt for the flash knock down he might have lost the fight. He is garbage. As for a fight with Tarver I think Tarver is also trash but even with his limited skills. I'll pick Tarver to win a close UD.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
TommyGunn said:

just because he was labeled the next tyson doesn't mean he was. lacy was good, but severely overrated. vd is right in saying that fights against shieka and vanderpool showed he wasn't as good as advertised.

i think tarver wins a ud against him.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
TommyGunn said:

So did Carl Froch. What's your point? Bottom line is this Calzaghe turned Lacy from a B fighter to a C. But anybody whoever thought Lacy was an A fighter is just fooling themselves

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this fight is basically a tune up for, i think an offensive tarver will beat lacy, i think a super agresssive lacy will beat tarver. who wants to win this fight will, but i havent seen the will to win or that fire in either ones eyes in awhile now.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Violent Demise said:
So did Carl Froch. What's your point? Bottom line is this Calzaghe turned Lacy from a B fighter to a C. But anybody whoever thought Lacy was an A fighter is just fooling themselves
you seriously cant compare the reid that fought froch to the reid who fought lacy.

reid had just been hosed in germany against ottke when going in with lacy, i had just spoke with rob around 4 weeks before the lacy fight and he still had world title ambitions.

he was past his best against froch and had only fought once since losing to lacy, in a silly contender match against brinkley.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Whoever looses this fight should be banished to ESPN fights for the rest of their careers.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts