Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Left hook Jeff Lacy by decision

Votes: 1 4.8%
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who ya'll got to win this one tonight, how and why?

I got Jermain Taylor to win mid to late round stoppage, I believe he will come out and establish his jab, his will dictate the pace very much like the second Pavlik fight, he will land some solid combinations early and start going for the home-run punch later on in the fight, Taylor by stoppage around rounds 9-11

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I can't see Taylor losing, Jeff has looked horrible since Calzaghe ruined him. I'm going with Taylor UD, however I wouldn't be surprised with a stoppage. In the vBookie I put 400k on Taylor and 40k on the under.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's true Calzaghe truely ruined this prospect in every sense of the word, Calzaghe did to Lacy what Felix Trinidad did to Fernando Vargas, same mistake by the management team putting him in the deep end of the pool so early on in his career, they should've let him prosper abit more and build up to a mega show-down

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Taylor UD but i'll be shouting for Lacy!
Why?

wow that was quick, do you know what time it's starting in the UK
Between 4am and 4:30am mate, HBO are showing a replay of Calzaghe-Jones first.

Not sure mate, its not being televised either. :(
It'll have to be a stream then...

It's true Calzaghe truely ruined this prospect in every sense of the word, Calzaghe did to Lacy what Felix Trinidad did to Fernando Vargas, same mistake by the management team putting him in the deep end of the pool so early on in his career, they should've let him prosper abit more and build up to a mega show-down
He sure did.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what the hells the point of a replay of calzaghe jones, waste of time and money from hbo IMO, they should just spend that time to build it up more, make a small documentary about how they grew up together and slept in the same suite in the sydney olypics etc. Boxing needs Don King back in the main frame a.s.a.p

·
Keeping it real
3,621 Posts
Yeah but thats down to lacy's team doing wot all the americans have done about calzaghe......underestimated him.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Yeah but thats down to lacy's team doing wot all the americans have done about calzaghe......underestimated him.:thumbsup:
Man, that is so true. They've always overestimated there own guys while underestimating the rest.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Man, that is so true. They've always overestimated there own guys while underestimating the rest.
True.

what about Fernando Vargas, he wasnt american and I remember idiots like Larry Merchant early on comparing him to Sugar Ray Robinson saying he could do a bit of everything
You didn't take that seriously did you? :laugh:

G

·
I can't see Taylor losing, Jeff has looked horrible since Calzaghe ruined him. I'm going with Taylor UD, however I wouldn't be surprised with a stoppage. In the vBookie I put 400k on Taylor and 40k on the under.
Yep, that and the shoulder injury looks to have ended Lacy. Taylor should win with ease but I'll be supporting him all the way.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts