Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 508 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyoen thoughts on this fight? I got taylor and hopefully we will get a rematch or a fight against calzaghe or kessler to the winner. heck matybe the loser can fight calzage or kessler, depends on wins that fight.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Iv got Taylor too. 116-112 on the scorecards. I then think Taylor steps upto 168 and fights Calzaghe, and Pavlik goes onto dominate the 160lbs division.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Should be an interesting fight. Pavlik has got great power, but Im still unsure about his chin. If Taylor stands to trade with him, its lights out Taylor. If Jermaine boxes and moves, he will likely win the fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Captainobvious99 said:
Should be an interesting fight. Pavlik has got great power, but Im still unsure about his chin. If Taylor stands to trade with him, its lights out Taylor. If Jermaine boxes and moves, he will likely win the fight.
i dont think your far off the mark with that captain, judges love taylors just get by style.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
taylor loves pressure fights and loves to stand and trade. pavlik wont knock taylor out, taylor has a good chin, taylor punches harder than miranda and pavlik will be surprised by how fast the punches are coming. taylor by decision or late ko.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
taylor loves pressure fights and loves to stand and trade. pavlik wont knock taylor out, taylor has a good chin, taylor punches harder than miranda and pavlik will be surprised by how fast the punches are coming. taylor by decision or late ko.
im not backing taylor to ko anyone and i certinlay dont think he'll ko pavlik and i certinlay dont think he hits as hard as miranda.

maybe im missing something but in his last 5 fights he's not even looked close to stopping anyone, 2 of those fight are against guys who can make 147 (ouma and stinxs) and if former 140 guy zab can ko stinx and taylor cant theres something seriously wrong there.

lance, you state taylor likes a guy who stands infront of, well, ouma did that all night long and he's so much smaller than pavlik.

i see pavlik outworking taylor over 12, i agree with you lance that JT has a solid chin and wont be ko'd but he can be out worked and out fought by pavlik.

pavlik wins, 12 round UD.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't get why a guy like Jermain Taylor is so full of himself when his last two fights haven't been anywhere near decisive victories. "Money in the Bank?", My ass. I hope Pavlik KO's him

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Tommy, I agree with your post 86%. In my honest and long-felt opinion, Edison Miranda is...well...trash. I have said that since I have been here and still feel the same. That said; Pavlik's dominant performance over Miranda wasn't really that suprising to me. Pavlik is a far better boxer than Miranda. FAR. Now with THAT said Jermaine Taylor is a FAR better boxer than Kelly Pavlik. Don't jump on me yet guys. I have hated Taylor deep down inside since he "beat" (LMAO) Hopkins and Winky, yet I respect his fight game. He can BOX. Can he slug? We will find out when he meets up with a who-gives-a-damn type guy like Pavlik. MANY questions will be answered after this fight. As for a winner...I am not picking one yet. NANANANANANANA.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
lol i think Taylor will win, he'll step it up when he realises he has to fight to win. I thought Taylor was unlucky against Winky, i had him up 115-113.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Im going for Pavlik. His work rate and desire is top notch and if he was walking through Miranda's punches, im sure he can take a few from Taylor to get to him.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
He took a good few of Miranda's straight on the chin whether he saw them coming or not and still kept the onslaught on. I think his heart will take him to Taylors title.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
thepowerdavies said:
He took a good few of Miranda's straight on the chin whether he saw them coming or not and still kept the onslaught on. I think his heart will take him to Taylors title.
I can't believe nobody said anything about my long post!:mad:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you speak alot of truth shane. I think allen green destroyed miranda in a rematch. miranda is going to be the next howard eastman of this generation. taylor's only flaw is that he doesnt throw enough when a guy isnt throwing. When you put a guy in front of him, he does throw and he getes the better. hes faster, stronger and more athletic than kelly pavlik. He may a little softer than pavlik but trust me, hes stronger.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
From what ive seen of Pavlik he is one dimensional but just as they say about Pac what a one dimension that is and just like Pac at superfeather, I dont see anyone at middleweight handling that one dimension.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
TysonJones said:
p4p pavliks isnt in th esame league and manny pacquiao. that statement is laughable, im sorry.
Iam not saying in any way, shape or form that Pavlik is in Pacs P4P league! Pavlik isnt even in my top 10 P4P as of now!
I was just saying that boxing critics say Pac is very 1 dimensional but that 1 dimesion so far seems to much for the rest of his division. In comparison I dont see Pavlik as a fighter who makes must adjustments and use different styles to fight. What you see is what you get and IMO his way of fighting can top the middleweights.

No P4P comparison at all to Pac.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I have never met Pavlik, but he seems like a cool guy. Taylor is one of the coolest boxers I have even been around. It is tough for me to pick on this one. I will come up with a definitive choice soon.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i appolagize powerdavies, that reasoning is very respectable. :thumbsup:

shane, give us a prediction already man, you know whos goign to win.

1 - 20 of 508 Posts