Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 410 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the fights officialy been signed, it will take place on nov 3rd at the millenium stadium in cardiff infront of 60.000 fans, the WBC/WBA/WBO super middleweight titles will be on the line here.

joe wins 12 round UD 118-110.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
tommygunn said:
the fights officialy been signed, it will take place on nov 3rd at the millenium stadium in cardiff infront of 60.000 fans, the WBC/WBA/WBO super middleweight titles will be on the line here.

joe wins 12 round UD 118-110.
I'm going with Joe also, but think it will be a little closer then 118-110.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KNUCKLE UP said:
I'm going with Joe also, but think it will be a little closer then 118-110.
was it that obvious i made a fans prediction there knuckle. :laugh::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
tommygunn said:
was it that obvious i made a fans prediction there knuckle. :laugh::thumbsup:
Hey, you made it sound like you knew exactly what you were talking about! But we all know that is not the case!:cheeky4:

·
Registered
14 Posts
im gonna have to go with kessler on this. maybe because i saw him fight mundine and thought he was incredable, and the only time i saw joe was vs manfredo and i think if he throws those tiny little slap punches against kessler he's in for a serious beating. i think kessler has a good chance to win on points and by knockout but calzaghe i can only see on points. but i'll admit thats coz im not to aware of calzaghes strengths and weaknesses and im a little biased towards kessler.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
7 -5 with the winner a toss up to me still. Ill bet on the undefeated guy :cheeky4: from overseas :cheeky4: . anyone wanna take bets on that.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Calzaghe has told the BBC that this will be his last fight at Super Middleweight and that he is moving up to 175lbs

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WelshDevilRob said:
Calzaghe has told the BBC that this will be his last fight at Super Middleweight and that he is moving up to 175lbs
if taylor holds true and moves to 168 i see joe hanging around for 1 last fight there, i think he fights clinton woods in 08 at 175 to though.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
tommygunn said:
if taylor holds true and moves to 168 i see joe hanging around for 1 last fight there, i think he fights clinton woods in 08 at 175 to though.
That would be good fight with woods. I see joe winning a wide UD there but a tough fight.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think he would easily be too good for Woods, but if Taylor steps up after Pavlik i think he'll definetly wait around for him.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TysonJones said:
i still think rj coulnd beat clinton woods so calzaghe definently could.
a guy i know from another board lance is nearly as big a rjj fan as yourself and he doesn't see roy beating anyone in the top 10 again, he says hanshaw was very poor.

i obviously havent seen the fight yet to comment.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I haven't seen it either. I'm sticking with Joe 8 to 4. This will be no domination mind you. You MUST repsect Kessler. He is far from being a pushover and is no Manfredo. There will be NO ko in this fight. It will be a decision which highly favors Calzaghe. It is time for Calzaghe's second test if you count Lacy for Americans. I count Eubank as a BIG test which Calzaghe passed. Nobody really gives Eubank much ground here though. Oh well. I'm a Calzaghe fan when it is fight time.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Eubank went onto to fight Cruiserweights way bigger than him in his next 2 fights, and fought really well. Eubank wasnt primed, but wasnt far off either.

I honestly dont care much, Calzaghe will win a UD or maybe even a late TKO but in all honesty, all the Americans will do is write Kessler of as a bum.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
If Joe wins, which I think he will only Taylor will keep him at 168 any longer IMO.

Preatyboyfloyd, I'm really glad you count Eubank as a test on Joe's resume because Chris was a good fighter when a young Joe beat him. Unfortunately for Joe he missed out on 168's best years. Sven Ottke ducked him plus nobody has come up from middle to challenge Joe. Bernard Hopkins happily jumped from 160 to 175 and Winky's done the same.

But Joe has still had to focus and beat whatevers been put infront of him. Although theres been stinkers, fighters like Brewer, Sheika and Reid have all been victories undervalued by most.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
hanshaw was game and was a good pressure fighter that never seem to run out of gas until roy hit him with massive body shots. there was a reason he was 27 and 0. But even the shadow of rj killed him. clinton woods would still get by rj. i promise you. Thats the easiest fight for roy if he wanted a belt but i think he is seeking revenge or a money fight with tito for the fans that never got it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I reckon Calzaghe will pick up a close UD victory against Kessler, I just can't wait for the fight, it's got to be the biggest fight that could possibly take place regardless of division in the world right now. Far out does the so called 'superfight' of De La Hoya Mayweather in my opinion!! Are any of you going to watch the fight? I booked my ticket today!

1 - 20 of 410 Posts