Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to tell you guys.:D

BoxingScene.com has been informed that pursuant to the terms of the original fight contract, a rematch between WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik (32-0, 29KOs) and former champion Jermain Taylor (27-1-1, 17KOs), has to take place before the end of February.

According to some of the ongoing discussions, Taylor may not be ready in time for the date of January 26, and two working February dates have been thrown in the mix. February 19 and 23 are being eyed as potential dates for the fight.

At the present HBO has the date of Feb. 23 reserved for a fight involving IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, but depending on Klitschko's plans, his title defense may be rescheduled to another HBO date.

The venue is currently up in the air. A location in Atlantic City or Ohio makes the most sense, and the most money for all involved.

As reported last night on BoxingScene, Taylor has exercised his option for a rematch with Pavlik and pursuant to the contract, the fight is scheduled to take place at 166-pounds. Whether or not it actually takes place at 166 has not been confirmed.

Here we go again baby!:thumbsup:

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I tried to tell you guys.:D

BoxingScene.com has been informed that pursuant to the terms of the original fight contract, a rematch between WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik (32-0, 29KOs) and former champion Jermain Taylor (27-1-1, 17KOs), has to take place before the end of February.

According to some of the ongoing discussions, Taylor may not be ready in time for the date of January 26, and two working February dates have been thrown in the mix. February 19 and 23 are being eyed as potential dates for the fight.

At the present HBO has the date of Feb. 23 reserved for a fight involving IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, but depending on Klitschko's plans, his title defense may be rescheduled to another HBO date.

The venue is currently up in the air. A location in Atlantic City or Ohio makes the most sense, and the most money for all involved.

As reported last night on BoxingScene, Taylor has exercised his option for a rematch with Pavlik and pursuant to the contract, the fight is scheduled to take place at 166-pounds. Whether or not it actually takes place at 166 has not been confirmed.

Here we go again baby!:thumbsup:
yeah, i was siked when i saw the report on espn.com! i was hoping that manny and jermain would split up, but at least we get see pavlik/taylor II.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
TysonJones said:
Hopefully they keep the original january date and do it on regular hbo after the replay of jones/tito, can you imagine the numbers that free broadcast would do.

yeah, i read they're actually considering putting the fight on regular hbo again. moves like this would go along way in revitalizing the sport to the masses. over use of ppv's has been killing boxing.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
8 months in a row from june to january in 2007 and 2008 where hbo has had PPV every month. This will make 9 if hbo ppv does it in feb for taylor/pavlik II. I dont doubt it will be on hbo ppv but i wish it was just on regular cable.

Also I have recieved word that it will be on the 23rd and there is no news yet on if taylor will keep steward. I really dont want to hear steward comment on the fight if he isnt training taylor because he will be so negative it will totally disgust me.

1 - 20 of 270 Posts