Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This fight looks as though its been signed and they are working on a date sometime in June. It will shown on Showtime instead of HBO. Sergio Mora vs Vernon Forrest will be the co feature.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Maybe Williams learned something. Sometimes it takes a fighter realizing they aren't that good to make them good.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Ill be going with Williams again he has all the tools to win and more and im sure he wont take Quintana lightly :p

And ofc Forrest will murder Mora.

·
Registered
808 Posts
This could go either way , i still see the same outcome though. Quintana's movement just causes too many problems for Williams.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
liked to see Williams bounce back but i'm doubtful. he needs to start sitting down on his punches, avoid leaning in, and keep his hands up. he's def got some misstakes he needs to correct.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Williams' flaws have been exposed. He lacks defense, footwork and power. I know this is weird for a tall guy like that but he's an inside fighter. A moving opponent who throws big shots on the outside will always beat him or give him problems.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I like Quintana by ud again.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Williams looked some what disinterested in the first fight. I think he'll win the rematch. Another loss would be really bad for his career.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Williams looked some what disinterested in the first fight. I think he'll win the rematch. Another loss would be really bad for his career.
It will be, but not so much. Hopefully if he loses convinvingly then his "avoided" status will go away completely, so it wont be THAT bad for him

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As long as williams has a GOOD night, he should win a close fight. I'm sure he'll be much less exciting now however. He'll focus more on d than offense now. I'm not sure who I'm going with just quite yet though.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
As long as williams has a GOOD night, he should win a close fight. I'm sure he'll be much less exciting now however. He'll focus more on d than offense now. I'm not sure who I'm going with just quite yet though.
With Williams wingspan he should be able to control the fight if he can get range on his jab early. If he keeps Quintana at a distance with it he should force Carlos into doing something stupid. At that point he SHOULD capitalize.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Ill be going with Williams again he has all the tools to win and more and im sure he wont take Quintana lightly :p

I agree 200%. I think Williams will dominate this time around. It'll be a short night I'd say Williams KO3. If he does that it'll show the world that the first fight was a fluke. And that he is a top WW contender.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I agree 200%. I think Williams will dominate this time around. It'll be a short night I'd say Williams KO3. If he does that it'll show the world that the first fight was a fluke. And that he is a top WW contender.
And if he loses again taht will show he was completely overrated and that his anorexy should be treated

1 - 20 of 91 Posts