Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WBO welterweight champion Paul Williams (33-0, 24 KOs) appears headed toward a February 2nd title defense against Carlos Quintana (24-1, 19 KOs). The bout isn't signed, but the Quintana camp has agreed to the terms offered. The bout would take place on the big Goossen-Tutor card slated to take place at the Beausejour Cricket Ground on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia. Williams was originally slated to face IBF champion Kermit Cintron, however Cintron suffered a hand injury in his last bout that will keep him out of action until March.

Williams knocks him out too.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Question for the Board

What happns after he beats Quintana? I say maybe a fight with Zab because I think Cintron will already be locked into different fight.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BigDigga said:
i could see williams and cintron fighting afterwards to be honest. cintron could opt to fight another "tuneup", but hopefully he doesn't go that route.
Im saying that with his injury he is not on the same scedual as Williams anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BigDigga said:
right. i think it would serve cintron better to just kept doing roadwork, and give his bruised hand some rest. i mean, he could go ahead and fight someone like zab, but i think that would be risky for him.
I think Zab might beat Cintron so that wouldnt be smart. He needs to fight a Clotty or someone. And if he wants a big fight with small risk he should fight Berto.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BigDigga said:
clottey would be more dangerous than zab would be methinks. i'd go for berto if i were in cintron situation.
I think its a great fight for the both of them. And the right fight for the both of them.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I think it would be a great fight, but Berto could KO him, and he could KO Berto. Very risky for both fighters. I dont think Berto's camp should put him in that situation just yet. He'sstill very young, and needs a bitmore experience and time to clean up his defensive skills.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Captainobvious said:
I think it would be a great fight, but Berto could KO him, and he could KO Berto. Very risky for both fighters. I dont think Berto's camp should put him in that situation just yet. He'sstill very young, and needs a bitmore experience and time to clean up his defensive skills.
I agree but everyone else in the sports world thinks that hes ready for a championship fight. So I say put him in there with a former champ and see how he does.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts