Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This fight is schedule for the undercard of Kelly Pavlik vs Gary Lockett and I give the undefeated Lopez a good chance at the upset. HBO June 7, 2008

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Lopez is a good prospect. But I don't think he's ready for a guy like De Leon. I see Lopez going out like Rey Bautista

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Lopez is a good prospect. But I don't think he's ready for a guy like De Leon. I see Lopez going out like Rey Bautista
Thats exactly what I was gonna say. I dont know man, maybe hes been rushed in like Bautista. Ponce de Leon might be a little limited but hes undeniably world-class

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
When was the last fight de leon was in? Was it undercard of FLoyd/Ricky? Cause in that fight I didn't get a good look at him. The dude fighting him was being a total pansy. He should have been deducted a few points for senseless clinching.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Based on the fact that a non puncher hasnt hurt him. unlike bautista.
He sure does look better than Bautista.. ITs all up to how prepared he really is to take on a guy like Ponce De Leon, cuz if he isnt hes gonna take a punishment, not saying hell be blasted like bautista, but it aint gonna be pretty for him...

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I DON`T THINK SO BEAUTY...DE LEON IS GOING TO FIGHT A VERY GOOD PROSPECT HOW HAS HUNGRY TO WIN A TITLE.LOPEZ IS GOING TO TAKE HIM TO SCHOOL. HI!!
Most prospects are hungry when they get their shot. The question is whether hes ready to eat the meal or not, because its a supersize one.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I DON`T THINK SO BEAUTY...DE LEON IS GOING TO FIGHT A VERY GOOD PROSPECT HOW HAS HUNGRY TO WIN A TITLE.LOPEZ IS GOING TO TAKE HIM TO SCHOOL. HI!!
Lopez is a great prospect. And I do give him a shot at beating De Leon. But I agree with Violent that De Leon does hit harder

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'd actually bet on lopez's left hook is stronger than any ponce punch.
Lopez has looked very strong but that's against C and D level competition.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Of course, but every future champ has to start somewhere...Did spinks fight anyone of relevance before he beat ali? Hell no, he only had 7 fights. Thats the point im trying to make.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts