Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roy Jones jr faces off against felix trinidad on January 19, 2008 at a catchweight of 170 pounds at the very famous Madision Square Garden Arena.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Great come on tito :laugh: Roy should retire now and is obviously not gonna become a champion again where as we dont know that about tito. Id like to see trinidad win a title again

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tito is more washed up than jones imo. but it outta be good. im curious to see it though, i could be wrong. tito and jones are 2 of my all time favorites.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
TysonJones said:
tito is more washed up than jones imo. but it outta be good. im curious to see it though, i could be wrong. tito and jones are 2 of my all time favorites.
I say again a shot fighter who lost 3 of his last 5 fights 2 by devastating ko's meets a guy who has been inactive for 2 yrs after losing 2 of his last 3 and you guys get excited sure beats me

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I'm sure it will be PPV. Either way I'm not every interested in this matchup.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Tito's been preaty much schooled the two times he stepped up to this kind of weight and opponent. I see Roy winning this one but i will be shouting for Tito!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
TysonJones said:
BoxingScene.com was just informed that Felix "Tito" Trinidad (42-2, 35KOs) has officially signed a contract to fight Roy Jones, Jr. (51-4, 38KOs). The bout will mark Trinidad's official return to the ring since announcing his retirement in 2005.

Boxingtalk.com was informed as well that this bout is signed for and is likely to take place on january 26th.

Weight and Venue have not been decided yet.
what tha H---??? dude i dont get credit for this news.... U know u heard it first from me:eek: anyways, dont sleep on tito, i told everyone of you that this fight was gonna happen and let me be the first to say that tito will come victorious.....:D

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol audi, you said you heard about this, we have all heard about it but i posted it as soon as the contract was signed by tito, but who cares, the fight is on. For those of you that arent excited, Who freakin cares, its boxing, and its to legends goign at it, its a fight that never happened and now its happening, They are still evenly matched because of their age, so it ought to be good. I got rj. its a mistmatch and always has been but its good for boxing. this fight even made espn news, hardly any boxing gets on espn anymore.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
TysonJones said:
oh and 170 is the weight.
170 thats light heavy yeh? If so i think tito may be abit too small like winky was in the hopkins fight. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
TysonJones said:
lol audi, you said you heard about this, we have all heard about it but i posted it as soon as the contract was signed by tito, but who cares, the fight is on. For those of you that arent excited, Who freakin cares, its boxing, and its to legends goign at it, its a fight that never happened and now its happening, They are still evenly matched because of their age, so it ought to be good. I got rj. its a mistmatch and always has been but its good for boxing. this fight even made espn news, hardly any boxing gets on espn anymore.
TRUE, but give me tha credit:D i heard this over the spanish news 3 weeks ago. It is a mismatch and RJJ should win easly, but anything can happen and i wont sleep on Tito, if Tito wins it wont surprise me. if rjj wins than is expected, but remember, Tarver beat rjj and hopkins beat tarver and trinidad lasted 12 rounds to hopkins, and trinidad being 34 is not that bad, hopkins still fighting at 42 and still winning... why not tito, hey! he may shock people this time....

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that is true audi, but sadly rj beat hopkins, but either way thats not how boxing work. let me break it down for you. mayorga beat forrest, forrest beat mosley, mosley beat delahoya. but delahoya kicked mayorga's ass. ill be surprised if tito wins honestly. I honestly think its a total mismatch but espn news is covering this like crazy.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I know that RJJ will win, and i know how things work, just because Tito lasted 12 rounds to hopkins it dosent mean that he'll last 12 on RJJ, but tito is a great fighter and rjj's age might hurt him in the latest round. but who cares, this fight is going to be really entertainig, is a big money fight, actually this fight was suposed to happen back when trinidad lost to hopkins, if trinidad would of won that fight he was gonna fight rjj. but what tha hell, ill take it now....

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yaeh, i know how the it all works and i remember when tito lost to hopkins and rj knew he would. Its a huge fight still, name wise and money wise, and me being a die hard fan of both i will gladly watch the fight and enjoy it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i acually think tito will win hands down , i reckon rjj has lost alot more ability then tito, sayin that rjj still has a ***** load of ability and potential

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
obviously you havent seen jones last 2 fights and tito's last 2 fights. Jones even looked amazing in a few rounds of the last tarver fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
obviously you havent seen jones last 2 fights and tito's last 2 fights. Jones even looked amazing in a few rounds of the last tarver fight.
lance, i know you like roy but he looked like crap against hanshaw whos a built up 168 guy, if he was fighting a 175 guy who could punch he would have lost.

roys on the train and has past through geezerville.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
he didn tlook like crap, he almost knocked the guy out, hanshaw hits harder than tito does at 170 anywayz. and hanshaw isnt even a puncher. he's just bigger. jones isnt what he used to be, i got that. Tito isnt even close. Because if winky was a puncher, tito would of been out of there as well. Jones is a puncher.

1 - 20 of 318 Posts