Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who wins?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love athletics and this is the marquee event. Who wins the olympic gold?

This is being billed as the greatest 100 meters compitition in history with the 3 names above.

Its pretty much to close to call between the 3 and they've all beat eachother recently.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im taking Powell the big Jamaican guy, i saw him last week and he cruised the race still going under 10 seconds. He could be peaking just at the right time.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Walter Dix as a long shot. The 200 is my favorite, and I'm rolling with Shawn Crawford.
Crawfords electric, i actualy picked him to win the gold in the 100 metres at the last olympics.

Id say Gay has the Gold already in the 200 meters though, he looks unbeatable over that distance. Could get very close to Johnsons record.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Usain Bolt. The record holder
Although Bolt is the record holder i think he'll get the bronze here. Like ive stated though any the 3 of those guys on any given day can win theres just not much in it at all.

Heres an interesting fact.

Powell is the only runner to go under 9.80 more than once in his career, he's done it on 5 occassions. He seems to be going faster than everyone consistantly. Thats why im picking him although Bolt has gone quicker than him by 2 tenths.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Tyson Gay has got it this year. Walter Dix wont win the 100. He's just not fast enough. Dix beat crawford though in the trails I believe though. These are my 2 events. Gay could of won both imo.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Although Bolt is the record holder i think he'll get the bronze here. Like ive stated though any the 3 of those guys on any given day can win theres just not much in it at all.

Heres an interesting fact.

Powell is the only runner to go under 9.80 more than once in his career, he's done it on 5 occassions. He seems to be going faster than everyone consistantly. Thats why im picking him although Bolt has gone quicker than him by 2 tenths.
Gay has ran under 9.8 more than once.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Well he's definently ran 9.7 legally. And 9.68 illegaly. Still. He's done it. And he's the fastest man to ever run the 100m. I'll favor him. It just depends on whose best on that day though. They are all equally fast.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well he's definently ran 9.7 legally. And 9.68 illegaly. Still. He's done it. And he's the fastest man to ever run the 100m. I'll favor him. It just depends on whose best on that day though. They are all equally fast.
He's not the fastest man, the world record holder is the fastest man. Gay's a phnomenal runner though.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I think Gay will def win 200 meters, but i agree with tommy on this one and go with Powell to win 100 meters but i would not be suprised to see any of those guys win.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I think Gay will def win 200 meters, but i agree with tommy on this one and go with Powell to win 100 meters but i would not be suprised to see any of those guys win.
Gay isn't competing in the 200m. The injury did not allow him to qualify for that event.

He's not the fastest man, the world record holder is the fastest man. Gay's a phnomenal runner though.
He's the fastest man to ever run the 100 m's. Whether wind aided or not. No one has EVER ran it faster than him under any condition.

I have all the 100 and 200 m olympic trials for the us team, boys and girls on 1 dvd if anyone is interested. Just pay for shipping. Recorded in HD on Universal HD.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts