Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not bad of a job getting him into the corner and ropes. He seemed to not be too smart of an opponent though. Pretty good getting in close. Did you lose balance though? You seemd to have a little bit of trouble there. Any problems like speed of punches and all were probably worked on since you already had 2 fights ahead of this one. I wouldn't exactly say you bullied him though in this fight.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
You did pretty good. Your opponent wasn't the smartest as Pen mentioned, but who cares? A wins a win. You were throwing your hook-right hand combo kind of wild, but it was landing so you got away with it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yup, a win is a win no matter what the conditions, but yeah, he kept throwing straight punches at your semi crouch guard and he didn't bob, weave, or slip any of your hooks even though they weren't as compact as they could be for an in fight, and for some reason I think he tried to counterpunch your jab even though it was far off from either of your striking distances, and he pretty much backed off into disadvantageous areas of the ring. I laughed when I heard some guy say " GIVE US A KOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I always get a kick out of how the family members get. My dad and grandpa got the same way in my fight as the camera man did in this one. It cracks me up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hah, yeah. In one of my fights I hit a guy in the face and my mom was like "AHHHHHH!" She never approved too much of it, she always said if I don't get hurt, someone else is going to, but she over reacts way too much if someone gets a small cut from a graze, or a light bruise that usually happens during amateur boxing. When I invited a few friends to see, pretty much everytime I mean EVERYTIME I connected atleast 2 of them would go "HOLY S**T" or "OOF" or "ACK." They probably seen better on TV, but I'm sure they weren't that impressed, I think they were just making fun a bit.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
LOL. In my fight I could hear my dad in the audience going "COME ONE! GET HIM!!!!" and my grandpa going "HIT HIM HARD!!!" then of course my trainers calling out instructions. It was a great experience until the next day when I was very sore and it hurt to eat because my lip got cut open.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts