Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Is the Berto-Fobes ref one of the worst eve?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching the Berto-Forbes fight and this ref has been seriously annoying since the beginning of the fight. I hate clinching as much as the next guy,but this guy does not shut the fukk up. This must be his first TV fight because the guy obviously wants to be in this fight as much as he can. I can't re-watch this fight now even if I wanted to because this bitch wanted to be in every frame. I want this ref to be banned from all televised fight.

G

·
He was pretty annoying. He was slapping them on the arm when braking them up. I dont think thats worhty of a ban though.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
He let them fight on the inside, yea sometimes he was a little early to break it up but in the beginning he was tryin to let em fight it out on the inside but once Berto started clinching soo much he started breaking em up...he old and slow soo he wasn't on point @ all times, leave the poor old man alone lol, the right man won in the end and it didn't affect the outcome IMO.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Not even close to Joe Cortez, the worst ever

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wree you guys watching that fight on mute? That mothafukka was annoying as shitt, they'd be working themselves out and he would jump in, they'd barely touch each other and he would jump in. Dude was looking to maximize his tv time, he was horrible, I don't want to see him in another televised fight.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
The only thing that annoyed me was when he would yell "Come on work your way out!" then half a second later be pushing them apart. All in all he was pretty good. You have to remember, all the refs started out this way and slowly worked the kinks out through experience.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was hard to ignore dude, that's why I don't want to see him doing tv fights. By the 3rd round dude got annoying as shitt

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I got tired of his response to the clinches, but he was far from the worst. That honor currently goes to Joe Cortez and that horrible Texas ref that did the Juarez/Barrios fight and screwed Jorge over.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I got tired of his response to the clinches, but he was far from the worst. That honor currently goes to Joe Cortez and that horrible Texas ref that did the Juarez/Barrios fight and screwed Jorge over.
Yeah that guy was garbage, and so were the fans who booed Katsidis.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yeah that guy was garbage, and so were the fans who booed Katsidis.
You said it man. Katsidis, for as unpolished as he is, is all heart and a classy guy. He should NEVER, under any circumstances be booed.

By the way, I showed everyone at work your SFW video and we must have watched it five times today. I'm sure we attracted too much attention, but we couldn't help but bust out laughing.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Jay Nady telling Floyd before a fight that "It's an honor to ref your fight" and telling Jermain months later that "You're holding Jermain! You're holding!" has to be one of the worst back-to-back acts of refereeing I've seen in a long time.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Jay Nady telling Floyd before a fight that "It's an honor to ref your fight" and telling Jermain months later that "You're holding Jermain! You're holding!" has to be one of the worst back-to-back acts of refereeing I've seen in a long time.
Haha, I don't like Nady. He's too big and he's always in the way of the camera. It makes zero sense to have him officiating two flyweights that combined still weigh 100 lbs less than him and give up a good six inches in height.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts