·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Adamek wins by stoppage in the 7th.

·
Registered
149 Posts
hope this is a good fight. I've only seen adamek once (his loss to ?paul williams?) and have seen bell twice...Bell is american right? Should've remembered before I voted. I think bell has enough speed, power and athleticism to pull this one out even though i admired ademek in the latter rounds of his belt-losing match.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was against Chad Dawson buddy.

Im taking Bell in this one to, i think he's to big for Adamek

·
Registered
5 Posts
bell is strong right now, and has been getting stronger by the week. When you see him next note how muscular he'll look and how much more agressive he'll be... look for a KO in this fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bell is strong right now, and has been getting stronger by the week. When you see him next note how muscular he'll look and how much more agressive he'll be... look for a KO in this fight.
You got some inside info HH?

Cmon bud, tell us. :D:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
You got some inside info HH?

Cmon bud, tell us. :D:thumbsup:
He and I are training in the same camp with Freddie Roach. We've been sparring and helping eachother out, so my opinion comes from first hand knowledge. I'll be giving Bernard some work in Pasadena as well next week since I'm a natural south-paw, but O'neil has already sparred with him and looked and they both looked NICE!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He and I are training in the same camp with Freddie Roach. We've been sparring and helping eachother out, so my opinion comes from first hand knowledge. I'll be giving Bernard some work in Pasadena as well next week since I'm a natural south-paw, but O'neil has already sparred with him and looked and they both looked NICE!
Sounds like there both in very good shape!

Whats your prediction for Calzaghe vs Bernard? I personaly see Calzaghe winning by a good margain maybe something like 117-111. I see it being even through 6 then Calzaghe taking everything from there much like he did versus Kessler.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
This will be a pretty good fight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like there both in very good shape!

Whats your prediction for Calzaghe vs Bernard? I personaly see Calzaghe winning by a good margain maybe something like 117-111. I see it being even through 6 then Calzaghe taking everything from there much like he did versus Kessler.
If Calzaghe boxes and keeps Bernard on the outside of his jab, then I say it goes the distance and Calzaghe wins. But Bernard is smart, and he know how to pull his opponents into his game, which in this case should be to fight on the inside, throw quality combinations and not waste shots, and tie Calzaghe up. Thats a lot to have to accomplish, especially being an underdog coming in. Bernard's going to have to rough him up to win.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Why is BHop and Calz being talked about less than 10 post into a thread that has noting to do with them.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
For anyone that doesn't have ESPN Classic this fight is gonna be on espn360.com too. I'm picking Bell too big, too strong, and even if he doesnt have real good stamina I think he can do enough damage in the middle rounds to slow Adamek down and bring the fight to his pace late so if he doesn't score a knockout he'll be able to pull off the decision a good fight regardless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For anyone that doesn't have ESPN Classic this fight is gonna be on espn360.com too. I'm picking Bell too big, too strong, and even if he doesnt have real good stamina I think he can do enough damage in the middle rounds to slow Adamek down and bring the fight to his pace late so if he doesn't score a knockout he'll be able to pull off the decision a good fight regardless.
You're right about him being too big and too strong. But don't doubt his gas tank as well. He's been doing 10-12 rounds straight with 30 seconds rest, so trust me when I tell you that he's ready. We've been working on re-educating his jab as well so look for that. I'm very strong, much stronger than his opponent, if he can bang with me and the others he's been boxing with, Bell has it in the bag.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
The thing is that in sparring your more relax and in a official fight with cameras and scoring and repercussions you tend to not be as relaxed and even though Bell always looks like one of the more relaxed fighters I still have to see it when it's in the spotlight. But I do think he will pull it out though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The thing is that in sparring your more relax and in a official fight with cameras and scoring and repercussions you tend to not be as relaxed and even though Bell always looks like one of the more relaxed fighters I still have to see it when it's in the spotlight. But I do think he will pull it out though.
I agree, however, Bell has the experience when it comes to the spotlight. And we don't spar like nice guys at Freddy's gym. We lace up the 16oz and we BANG! Sometimes its better than being at an actual show. But again, I understand what you're saying. No head gear and fighting with 10oz gloves makes a big difference for some.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just dont see Adamek being able to take Bell's shots, we've seen Adamek down and hurt at 175, Bell is a huge puncher at 200. its lights out IMO.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Wow! Terrible fight for Bell. He looked as pathetic as he did against Mormeck. Is his heart not in it anymore? How can you give up against a light puncher? Bell was landing some clean and hard body punches that would have paid off in the later rounds if he had hung in there. I wonder if Bell had a bad injury or something? Adamek wasn't hurting him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts