Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering wat ppl think about Arturo "Thunder" Gatti
i think he was an exciting boxer and could have been even better if he had a better defence
4 time ring magazine fight of the year gatti has been in
the gatti-ward trilogy showed both strength and weakness of gatti
Gatti broke his twice-repaired right hand on an uppercut to the hip in the fourth, and he dropped his arm, wincing in pain. He fought nearly one-handed for several rounds afterward, using his right sparingly.
Total fights 49
Wins 40
Wins by KO 31
Losses 9
Draws 0
No contests 0

·
Registered
79 Posts
absolute champian, one of me faves, loved a war, best thing about him and ward is they were best mates outside the ring, and as soon as they got into it with each other it just turned viscious, should have retired a few fights ago though

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Possibly the most heart I have ever seen in a fighter.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
He wasnt that skilled, or chose not to use it, but had so much heart and will to win. Hes really entertaining and good to watch though.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
He was only like a C+ or B- fighter, but he had the heart and will of a champion. Tyson could learn a thing or two from him in the heart department.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If he had a better deffense that would have made him so different! Gatti was all about balls to the wall letting everything go defense doesn't work into that. He was fun to watch thats about it.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah you really cant dislike Arturo Gatti, a legend imo and did nothing but good for the sport og boxing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts