Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent blog written by Dan Rafael on ESPN, Rafael discussed the probability of Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao. Rafael discussed the possibility of such an intriguing fight match-up with HBO analyst Larry Merchant.

After the discussion, Rafael then Telephoned Bob Arum of Top Rank, who promotes Pacquiao. Rafael got Arum to speak out on the idea of De la Hoyavs. Pacquiao.

"We’ll take it," Arum told ESPN's Rafael, adding: "I don’t even have to call Manny. I am sure he would accept the challenge without question."

Arum and De La Hoya have recently patched an on going feud that played out in the public. Both Promoters are now working together to benefit the sport of boxing. With the two promoters getting along so well these day, managing to get De la Hoya and Pacquiao in the ring together, could be easy fight to put together.

There is no doubt that a fight with Oscar De La Hoya and Manny Pacquiao would be a massive fight for Boxing. Pay-Per-View Records could easily be shattered as both De La Hoya and Pacquiao each have their own huge Fan base.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KNUCKLE UP said:
I think the weight difference is to big. I can't see DLH below 147 and no way Pac goes to 147.
All I got to say is money talks. Hey no one thought RJJ would be HW champ. Oscar will fight at 147 and Manny will meet him at 147 for the right price.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
BigDigga said:
you have got to be joking. dlh can't beat any of the p4p fighters his own size, so now he wants to lure little ol manny into the ring?!
The article said nothing about DLH luring Pac. They asked Arum the question about DLH and his guy.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Zero chance logically, but you never know with twenty plus million on the table. I don't like this at all. Oscar's last fight was at 154 and Manny's was at 130. Come on now.
Anybody knows what Mannys walk around weight is???

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
omg, bob needs to lay off the booze, him and merchant must be blowing each other behind the bars now!!!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
BigDigga said:
lol...it was actually larry merchant and dan rafael' brainfart. of course arum would sacrifice manny to oscar for the almighty dollar ;)

its the same but diffrent. :cool:

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
LeedsLad said:
The walk around weight generally isnt a good fighting weight for fighters. You sure its 150? Didnt he start his career like at 112 or somthing?
i think manny started around 112-116lbs. i know for a fact that on fight night he usually rehydrates to about 145lbs. with that in mind his walk around weight i assume would be around 150lbs. possibly a little higher.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BigDigga said:
i think manny started around 112-116lbs. i know for a fact that on fight night he usually rehydrates to about 145lbs. with that in mind his walk around weight i assume would be around 150lbs. possibly a little higher.
All this info tells me that he could make a fight with Oscae at 147.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
it would only take place because of money. manny' fight game is not diversified enough in my opinion to beat dlh. not to mention, he punches won't have any effect at 147lbs. he'll get stopped inside 6 rounds, unless oscar decides to carry him methinks.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts