Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Both Oscar and Steve are warming up in the dressing rooms. De La Hoya, who overlooked Felix Sturm before his fight with Bernard Hopkins, assured that he would not let that happen again in his career. He is paired back up with Floyd Mayweather Sr for this fight, and Jeff Mayweather is in Steve Forbes' corner. Forbes, former champion and star of the Contender series should give Oscar a good tune-up fight before the rematch fight with Floyd Mayweather jr in Sept.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
27000 fans have packed the soccer arena. Forbes comes out first to the Erythmics "sweet dreams", and looks loose and ready to go. On a side note, thats a long ass walk to the ring. Probably a good 1/4mile walk ;)

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unusually long waiting time, but Oscar now makes his way down the tunnel of the stadium and toward the ring. He comes out to a mexican song and I have no clue what it is. Oscar has a determined look on his face, I think he means business tonight.
Another side note- were those cornermen jackets designed by Queer Eye wardrobe staff?

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Round 1: Oscar is finding a home for the left hook early when forbes moves forward, could be a problem later. Both men are flashing good accurate jabs. Forbes landed a nice combination near the end of the round. Oscar focused on jabbing in and then landing hooks to the body this round. I would say the round went to Oscar, but it was a closer round for scoring.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Round 2:
Oscar applied the pressure and landed effectively in the round. Forbes was mainly covering up during the pressure and then would retaliate with quick combinations of his own. Oscar is still looking for that left hook upstairs on forbes. This round goes to Oscar. He was also on his toes and looking comfortable this round

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Harold Letterman sees it 3 rounds to 0 30-27 for Oscar.

Round 4:
Oscar continues hsi work to the body and backs Forbes down. Forbes comes back spirited, but doesnt land anything really effective. Forbes show boats a lttle and lands a few clean shots, but nothing really damaging. Oscar won this round for many more clean efective punches landed.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Round 5:
Forbes does himself a disservice by not using lateral movement. He goes backwards and covers up instead of using side to side movment, and allows Oscar to score easily. This round was closer and not many clean punches were lande dby either, but Oscar pressured and squeaked this one out.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Letterman scored the 5th for Forbes, which I could see. It could have gone either way.
Round 6:
Both men echange left hooks. Forbes is really trying to sit down on his punches, and is throwing some good combinations. Oscar throws a good series of punches which included a nice uppercut that landed, and Forbes has a cut open over the left eye. I scored this round for DLH.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Howard Letterman has the fight 5 rounds to 1, 59-55 Oscar

Round 7:
Oscar landed a few nice combos as Forbes backed up to the ropes. Oscar was the agressor and landed the cleaner punches. Round goes to Oscar.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Round 8:
Forbes landed one nice uppercut near the end of the round, but not much else in that round. Oscar has traditionally gotten tired later in fights in the past few years, but he looks strong and focused still tonight. Oscar won this round as well with effective aggressiveness and more punches landed.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Round 9:
De La Hoya lands a few good lefts, hooks and uppercuts in this round. Forbes landed a few glancing shots. Oscar pressured again and has been controlling the center of the ring the whole bout. Round 9 goes to Oscar.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Letterman has it 89-82, 8 rounds to 1 DLH
Round 10:
Forbes is trying to dig deep and stay in the center but hes just unable to match DLH's power. He appeared to be hurt in the last minute of the round. Scored for DLH.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Round 11:
I must admit that Im surprised by Oscars energey level through 10 rounds tonight. He really does look good.
This round saw alot of blocked punches, but Oscar backed Steve up to the ropes and threw a couple combinations that secured the round for him.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Final Round:
Lots of good action in this round. Oscars landed a very nice short left hook upstairs that backed Forbes up. Forbes also landed a nice straight right inside one minute. Round went to Oscar on my scorecard for a complete shut-out.
My card 120-108 Oscar.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts